Unexpected Frienimies

A/N So, this is 6th year. Since no one had any ideas on weather or not the marauders should be frienimies with Snape, I decided to make it so that at LEAST Remus was on common grounds i guess? Their not rly friends, but they don't despise each other. Severus still hates the other 3 obvi. BTW, the whole school already knows about the "war" thing, and the first battle of Hogwarts will be in 7th year. OK READ ON THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE READS. TropicalEls Thx for actually responding and following, I rly love your work.

Remus P.O.V

I carefully rammed my suitcase into an overhead compartment. All in all, summer, except for 3 days of it, was fine. I winced as I rubbed rope burns on my wrists from being shackled to the wall during full moons. Suddenly, James and Lily burst into the carriage, one of James' arms around her waist. I smirked. "You two a thing now?" I asked. Lily blushed and James grinned widely. "I guess you could say so. Are you and Sirius a thing now?" he quipped. WHAT?! "What do you mean? Are you and Sirius a thing?!" He shrugged, "I don't know, You seemed to have fun at the dance.." I shrugged. "Well yeah..." James didn't have time to reply as Peter slammed the door open and strode in on chubby legs. "Hey Guys!" he squeaked. "Good choice Evans" he said, nodding at James. "Anyone seen Paddy?" I asked. James glanced around. "He was right behind me.." There was a crash, bang and the sound of a body hitting the floor. Before we could do anything, Peter turned into Wormtail and snuck carefully out the door. A few minutes later, he was dragging a bleeding Sirius back into the compartment. I sighed. "fight?" he nodded. I motioned to the seat next to me. "Sit here. Let me get the dittany from my bag, and I can start healing the cuts on your lip and cheek." I noticed a large bruise on his arm. "And that too" I motioned towards the greenish-yellowed mark. He nodded dumbly. Carefully dripping a little dittany on a napkin, I pressed it to his lip, feeling his breath hitch. What the? Probably stings... 5 seconds later, it had closed up completely. The cut on his cheek was quite long. "This might sting a bit" I murmured, pressing the napkin to his face once again. He winced. Once it had closed up, I stowed the small bottle and cast a few healing charms. ""Right, all better. You good?" I asked. He nodded and smiled. "Thanks Moony" he mumbled before snuggling into my  chest, his arms around my waist. Within moments he was asleep. I blinked in surprise. James, Lily and Peter stared at me."What?" I asked.

Time skip 2 weeks into 1st term

Snape P.O.V

I sighed as I put my books into my sack after potions. I had gotten another letter from my mum, saying that I should have good grades and they need to stay that way. Potter and his gang had made fun of me again. Well, except for that Lupin boy, he was away from it all. Stepping out of the classroom, I walked down the hall and turned left and paused. "No, wait, this is the way to the Ravenclaw commons" I muttered retracing my steps. As I got to the crossroads, I felt a heavy hand on my shoulder. Oh shit. 7th year Ravenclaws. "Well well well" sneered an oily voice. "Look what we have here. and ickle firsty" I seethed inwardly. I am NOT that small. they KNOW I'm a 6th year. "We can't have ickle firsties strutting around the place like it's theirs" that voice continued. "C'mon fellas, Let's teach him a lesson" My stomach dropped. Great. there's more than one. The first guy spun me to face him. I grabbed my wand. He grinned nastily and hit my elbow, causing me to drop it. I gulped, backing up as far as I could until I hit a wall. The other two flanked Thug 1. I tried to have an aloof expression on my face but even a first year could see the fear in my eyes. Thug 1 one cracked his knuckles and before I knew what was happening, he threw a punch at my jaw. Thug 2 swung at my ribs, I dodged that, feeling pretty good, but Thug 3 hooked my ankle and I fell to the ground. After that, they just had at it and started kicking me as I lay in a fetal position, trying desperately to fend off the blows, soon discovering that it was useless. "Heh, Look Luke! He's crying" laughed a voice. I felt a kick at my back. "Yeah Henry!" "David! Look! go get his mummy"I knuckled my eyes. After what seemed like hours (ok 5 minutes) I heard an angry "GET OFF HIM" followed by 3 stupeifes. Then, I heard a pounding of footsteps and a voice asking if I was ok. Through a veil of tears, I saw the scarred face of Remus Lupin. What was he doing here? He stretched a hand out. "Come on Severus. We need to get you to the hospital wing" he said worriedly. I took his hand hesitantly. This, for all I know, could be a joke but everything hurt and I needed help. Remus half dragged, half carried me to the infirmary. "Madame Pomfrey!" he called. She ran over immediately. "Oh my!" she cried, placing me onto a spare bed. "Drink this dear" she said. "What happened?" she asked. "3 7th year Ravenclaws were just going at him" replied Remus. "I remember that one of them was Luke, the other was Henry and the third was David" I listened to the conversation in shock. Remus was actually trying to help. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. 

Sirius P.O.V

Remus trudged back into the dormitory later that afternoon, where we were waiting for him. "Where were you?" asked James. "Taking Severus to the hospital" he replied. I gaped at him. "Why?" He shrugged. "These Ravenclaws were beating him up, so I knocked them out and grabbed him" James looked just as appalled as I did. "But he's Snivelly, he deserved it" he protested. Remus' eyes hardened. "Does anyone really deserve that?" he asked. "James, think about it. You too Sirius, Apart from exist, as you so eloquently put it, what has he actually done to you. What, in all the time that you've known him, has he done to you?" James opened his mouth to say something, then closed it again. I thought about that for a second. Remus sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Look, I'm not saying you have to be friends with him, but, just be civil. At the very least stop calling him Snivelly" he said, and with that, he sat on his bed and began reading. I thought about what he had said. It's true. I admitted to myself. He had never really done anything to us, well, except for that one time in 4th year when he did the prank with Polyjucie but... we kind of deserved that. James actually had the grace to look mildly guilty. Peter went to the kitchens to grab some snacks. I flopped onto my bed. Yes, alright. I will be civil. But that's as far as it goes.