Run Away

AN: So this is fifth year because they basically spent the entire 4 th year making the marauders map. Trust me, there will be at least three chapters for what happens in 5th year

Sirius P.O.V

I groaned as I sat down on a seat. The beatings had been especially bad since Prongs and I burned "SLYTHERINS SUCK" into the wall above their portrait. Suddenly, James waltzed in, carrying his suitcase. "Christ!" was all he said. Then, he got very SIRIUS. "Look  Padfoot, I talked to my mother over the summer." he began. I sat up very straight (gay) "Yeees?" I asked nervously. "And YOU mister, are running away with ME." he said. I tilted my head. "What?!" He nodded solemnly. "Yup, my mum said that you could come and live with us. Get away from your horrible parents." I gasped. "You really mean it?" James grinned. "Of course I mean it! You're my brother now." He pulled me into a tight hug. "Ahem" came a little awkward cough from the doorway. Remus. "Im sorry for intruding" he said, scratching his arm. James smiled warmly. "Cmon in Moonster. There's room for you too" Remus laughed and joined our hug. "Just FYI, don't call me that again unless you want to see a wolf's insides the dead way" I started giggling uncontrollably. Then Peter walked in, probably confused as to why I was trying to smother my giggles with Remus' shoulder, Remus was red in the face with tears in his eyes and James was doubled over and hooting loudly. As he gingerly joined our little hug group, he asked "Why are we hugging?" And that set us off again once more.

Peter's P.O.V

I had a bad feeling about this. We were all huddled under James' invisibility cloak, Sirius holding the Marauders map. Suddenly, we stopped. James grinned and pointed his wand at the sorting hat. "Oh dear.." muttered Remus. I nodded agreement. "Mulingarum" whispered James under his breath. As we carefully sat down at the tables, trying to look casual, I found out what James had done. "Mwingine Mizima claw ya kamba!" cried the hat. There was a dead silence for a solid 3 minutes before Prongs started cackling like a possessed toddler, then Sirius, and finally, everyone else in the hall. I, at least had the sense to keep my laughter within and stare with a politely shocked expression. McGonagall walked towards us, her booted heels clacking on the floor. "EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!!" James shrieked and bolted for the door. I rolled my eyes, idiots, they just convicted themselves. Pressing the map into Sirius' hand, I made a shooing motion. Remus, at least, had the sense to keep picking at his dinner. Meanwhile, I sat there rolling my eyes at them. "Do you know anything about this Mr. Pettigrew?" she asked sternly. "Well, James said he needed the bathroom a while back and then Sirius joined him..." I said innocently. She nodded, apparently believing my story. "Sorting will need to be held off until tomorrow" she announced. "The first years groaned in disappointment. She turned to me again. "Please find Mr. Black and Potter and inform them that they have detention for a month, or you can take the detentions for them" she said. I nodded and left the great hall. I knew where they would be. I stopped at the door and saw that Remus had said something to McGonagall. She raised and eyebrow and he shrugged, finally they seemed to have reached some agreement and Remus left the hall, heading for the astronomy tower.

James P.O.V

I raised my eyebrows as Peter and Remus shuffled in, eyes downcast. "What did you do?" I asked suspiciously."WellthethingisyouguyshavedetentionforamonthbeacuseMcGongallgavemeachoicebetweenyougettingdetentionorme" he spat out. Sirius turned purple. "What were YOU doing Moony" he asked in a falsely sweet voice. I could understand, I was pretty pissed. "Please don't hate me for this but.." he began. Sirius and I rolled our eyes. "And I thought you were our friend" he spat. Remus looked hurt. "I-I took the d-detentions for you and James, Sirius. I thought that might help you feel b-better" he stuttered. Instantly his face softened, I could tell he had regretted saying anything at all. "You took a months worth of detentions for us?" he asked in awe. Remus nodded. "Well, actually two months but yes" he said. There was a flash next to me and suddenly, Moony was on the ground, a black dog licking his face happily. "Siri-Sirius get your big black arse off of me!" he chuckled in-between fits of laughter. Peter turned into Wormtail and sat awkwardly off to the side. I smiled at them. Thanks Moony I thought. A while later, we were in Potions, brewing some kind of draught that I couldn't remember the name of I caught Sirius nearly adding the wrong ingredient. I snapped my fingers under his nose. "Oi! It's newt scales, not rose thorns." I muttered. He flushed and picked up the correct jar. I consulted the textbook. "Ok, add three and stir until the potion turns yellow. Then add 5 ounces of powdered horn. Can I trust you to put in the RIGHT AMOUNT while I weigh the horn?" I asked. He nodded, unscrewing the lid. "1..2..3..4-" I slapped his hand away from the cauldron. This time, I noticed he was staring at Moony. "Cmon...We have a potion to make!" He blushed beet red. "I-I was checking to see if he was doing it right.." He mumbled. I rolled my eyes. "Of course he is he's Remus." I placed a 5 ounce block on one end of the scale, and carefully spooned the beige tinted powder onto the other end. After removing the plate, I handed it to Sirius who was daydreaming again. I sighed and dumped the powder into the cauldron, stirring 50 times before leaving it to simmer. The bell rang and I literally had to shake him to get him moving. "Padfoot! Stop eyefucking Moony and grab your books! We've got Transfiguration in 3 minutes!!" He blushed the colour of Lily's hair and strolled out of the classroom. Oh my god,he's in love with Remus.