A Cure For the Madness Within

AN: Welcome back you guuuyyss. 7th year!! WOO! So, sorry if the last chapter was a cliffy. Don't worry, everything is sorted out. Remus forgives them and the 2 potters are accepting and rly kind. James is still kinda huffy but he's James so yeah. If you've seen the third movie, you'll understand the chapter title                                                                                              xxMoony

Remus P.O.V

I'm going to take a bath" I called, folding some extra clothes into a towel. Trotting down to the prefect's bathroom, I set my clothes on the ground and climbed into the tub, wearing a pair of swim shorts. "Chocolate" I muttered, rapping my wand against the spout. I sighed contentedly, sinking into the sweet smelling bubbles. 10 minutes later, I heard the door open and Sirius walked in. "How did you get in?" I asked. He laughed and held up the red and gold prefect badge that I had left on my bed stand. "Oh" was all I said. He tugged his shirt off and climbed into the other end of the swimming-pool-like tub. We sat there, on either ends for a while, just relaxing until I heard James arriving and I sighed. Sirius looked at me weirdly. "What?" he asked. I motioned for him to shut up and pointed towards the door. "Two bros, chilling in the hot tub, 5 feet apart cos they're not gay" Sirius snorted into the bath. "You sure about that Jamie?" I yelled across to him. James chortled and without even asking, plunked himself into the huge tub as well. I shook my head. "Because YOU'RE so straight yourself Prongs" said Sirius, grinning toothily. James frowned in mock annoyance. "Course I am, whatchu talkin' bout Siri?" I laughed. "Well, I mean,New Yearsyou didn't think so..." I trailed off. Sirius barked a laugh as James flushed a lovely shade of crimson. "Look, it was a dare alright? I didn't even want to get kissed by dogbreath over here" Sirius looked outraged. "Dogbreath?! Oh I'll show you" and with an exaggerated war cry, he tackled James into the water. I was choking on laughter as they resurfaced. "He kissed me for real!" shrieked James, shoving Sirius to the other end of the bath. Sirius winked in his direction. "Sirius! You're cheating on me with THIS toe rag?! That's it! I want a divorce" I manged to get out, trying to keep a straight face. "Fine! I never loved you anyway! C'mon Jamie, let's go elope somewhere!" You could hear us laughing two floors down.

Time skip one hour later

(NOTHING HAPPENED BTW, THEY WERE JUST TALKING, JUST IN CASE SOME DIRTY MINDED PPL WERE WONDERING)

Sirius P.O.V

As we were drying off, a phoenix patronus flew into the room. "Please meet me in my office Mr. Lupin. You may bring Mr. Black, Potter, and Pettigrew if you wish" it said in Dumbledore's voice, before swooping regally out of the bathroom. "D'you think we're in trouble?" asked James, pulling on his top. "No?" said Remus, it came out more like a question. "Thank you sir, we're on our way" He muttered, watching as a wolf bounded out of the room. James stared at him. "You know how to send a patronus message?" he asked. "Well yeah...Look, let's just go get Peter." A while later we were all standing in front of a stone gargoyle. "Sugar Quills" said Remus, watching as the sculpture moved out of the way. Slipping into the room, I was shocked to see Snape waiting for us, looking decidedly out of place. "Ah, welcome" said Dumbledore, his eyes twinkling merrily. Remus coughed. "Why are we here Headmaster?" he asked. Dumbledore smiled. "Severus here has been working on a potion of a sort, he really is one of the best potion brewers of his age. If you'll explain Mr. Snape" he finished, inclining his head towards the greasy haired boy. Severus walked up to Remus, looking quite nervous. "Well, uh Dumbledore, Slughorn and I have been working on a potion" he began. Remus nodded. "Yes?" Snape cleared his throat and continued. "It took a while, but I perfected it yesterday. It's called Wolfsbane and it allows you to keep your human mind during transformations. It'll be like becoming an animagus, except for the pain at the beginning" he finished. "Which reminds me, I've come up with a stronger pain relief potion, it should help considerably with the pain" he said, pulling two bottle out of his bag. We all gasped. "W-w-why?" croaked Remus. Snape flushed. "It's a thank you, for helping me out with those Ravenclaws, and for stopping your friends from calling me Snivellus." Surprisingly, Dumbledore didn't comment on this. Remus' eyes watered as he took the vials and held them like they were lumps of gold. Shoving them into his pocket, he crossed to Snape and hugged him around the neck. "Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou" he babbled, sobbing into his shoulder. I snickered at the expression on James' face. The Slytherin patted his back awkwardly. Once Remus pulled away, he gave me a significant look. I sighed internally. Man up Sirius, say thank you, the look said. "Look, I appreciate what you did for Remus. T-thank you" Snape's eye brows quirked upwards and he grinned. " 'sallright" he mumbled bashfully. James and Peter murmured a quick "Yeah thanks bro" "So, would I be able to talk?" asked Remus, who was still smiling giddily. "No, but if you could come up with signals, like howling or stomping, in theory you could communicate." Remus smiled. "Thanks so much. You have no idea how much this means to me" Dumbledore's eyes twinkled. "If that's all?" he prompted. "Yes, that's it headmaster" said Snape, striding off to his dormitory. As we headed back, Remus skipping and grinning like an idiot, I caught James' eye. I knew he didn't completely trust him, and neither did I, of course we weren't going to tell Remus that.