Matchmaker

AN: So this is the beginning of fourth year.

James P.O.V

I sighed as I hoisted my bags into the train car. I was constantly worried about Sirius and Remus. Peter, as far as I knew, had no problems at home, but the other two marauders DID. Sirius was constantly abused by his parents but it way too proud to accept help. Remus turns into a werewolf every month, Yeesh. Pulling out my phone I sent a text to our chatroom.

Prongs: Im on the train now, it departs in 20 minutes. Yes peter, I brought snacks. How was everyone's summer?

Wormtail: Yes! u remembered! Um, summer was fine I guess.

Moony: Summer was.. well, you'll know when you see me. Padfoot: Summer was fine. I only got one beating every other day. new record!

Prongs: ...

Moony: Sirius, once a day every other day should be NONE. Did you get enough to eat?

Padfoot: Yup. I got half a bowl of soup everyday.

Wormtail: That's it. Im bringing like 12 sandwiches and you are eating them ALL. DO YOU HEAR ME?!

Moony: Yeah, Ive got some food and chocolate in the pantry, mother won't mind.

Padfoot: U sure?.. my parents always gave me minimum food so I can "Uphold honor"

Moony: How?

Padfoot: By being not fat, have you SEEN how trim Bellatrix is?

Moony: No. nor do I want to. YOU ARE EATING THE GODAMN FOOD

Padfoot: Ok mom

Moony: Do not compare me to your sorry excuse for a mother.

Just then, there was a knock at the compartment and in walked Peter with his two suitcases and a large lunch box. "Hey Peter!" I said cheerfully. "Hi James" he said. There was something off about him. Must be worried about Sirius. I thought. A few minutes later, Remus walked into the compartment. "Jeezus Christ Remus! What happened to you?!" Remus had a huge, crimson scar from the outer corner of his right eye, down across his neck, and stretched to his left collarbone. He shrugged. "I guess I scared a couple of muggles who were camping during a full moon. One of them came at me with a knife. It'll heal" he said. "THEY WHAAAAT?!" shrieked a new voice from behind him. Sirius was standing in the doorway with his bags. Remus turned suddenly, tripped, and fell into his arms. Ok, Sirius was obviously blushing. He does like Moony!! Ooohhh, time to play matchmaker Potter. Meanwhile, Peter and Sirius were looking at Remus with concern. "Guuyyss, Im finnneee" he whined, probably trying to get some other reaction than worried looks. Peter shrugged. "if you say so" he tossed the lunchbox at Sirius. "Eat." he demanded. Sirius flinched. "Alrighty then, if you say so" and with that, he sank onto the seat and began stuffing his face. 12 sandwiches later, he was looking a lot more like himself. Remus sat down gingerly, and thats when I noticed that his leg was bleeding. "Remus! Your leg" I cried. He looked at it in mild surprise. "Ah! blasted thing" he muttered and and used a quick spell to close the wound. The rest of the train ride was spent in silence, Remus sleeping, Sirius eating, Peter staring out of the window and me plotting how I could get those two idiots together.

Sirius' P.O.V

An hour or so later, we arrived at Hogwarts. As we climbed onto the carriages, Remus and Peter let out a surprised gasp. "What are those?!" cried Peter, pointing at empty space. "Whats what?" I asked, thoroughly confused. Remus shook my shoulder. "THOSE" he yelled. "The things pulling the carriages" I shook my head. "The carriages pull themselves Moony, just like always." I said, slightly worried for my friend's mental health. Just then, a Ravenclaw clambered into the carriage. He probably heard our conversation as he said " They're called Thestrals, You can only see them if you have seen death." and stuck his nose into his book. I looked at Peter. "Um.. My aunt passed away last week" he said. I nodded. "Moony?" He shook his head and subtly gestured at the Ravenclaw. We took the hint, Remus looking extremely guilty. A few hours later we were sitting on Remus' bed. After casting a muffilato, He told us his story. "It was two weeks ago, an especially bad full moon and I couldn't control ANYTHING, basically my functions were breathing. The wolf had control over everything else. But he snuck up on a campsite and- and" at this point, Remus was crying. "He- he ripped the l-leg off of the f-first muggle" he said shakily. "The other muggle attacked me with a knife and the wolf ran away, but not before I saw the first one die of blood l-loss" he finished. Peter was shook, James had a hand pressed to his mouth, and my eyes were wide as dinner plates. Remus was sobbing his eyes out, muttering something like "I'm a monster" over and over until I carefully pulled him into a hug. Remus froze. "Y-you're n-not afraid of m-me?" He asked. I shook my head. "It wasn't your fault Moony" he said gently. James nodded agreement. "We know you Remus, you fold your socks and underwear and you colour code your notes. Forgive me if I'm not trembling at the sight of you." I said. Remus smiled. We sat together in companionable silence until someone came up. I guess she heard Remus crying because she wakes past the bed and muttered "weakling" I was on her in a second. "What was that sweetheart?" I asked mockingly. She sneered. "Weakling" she spat. "If he's going to blubber like a widdle baby, he shouldn't even BE in Gryffindor." At this point Peter and James had stood up, wands drawn, Remus behind us. I sensed her bravado wavering. "Oh. I see. Does the COWARD need his big friends to guard him?" She asked. I was beyond furious. "Why you little b-" he began. To my surprise, Moony walked in front of us, right up to the girl. After staring for a minute, he grinned and whispered something into her ear. Her eyes widened and she began laughing as well. "Sirius, you can let go of her now" he said. I was very very confused but I did as I was told. Remus pulled out his wand and after muttered a charm and a few seconds later, no one other than LILY EVANS was standing in her place.

Remus P.O.V

I grinned as Lily stood in front of the shellshocked boys, casually running a hand through her hair. "Why would-how could- lily I almost-" Sirius ran out half sentences. James was gaping like a fish. "You're not the only one who can play pranks Potter" she said snarkily. He shut his mouth and smiled. I coughed. "Is there a reason to all of this?" I asked. "Yes Remus, I wanted to show you just how much your friends care, I know you've had to deal with your....Furry little problem.... by yourself over the summer" she said tenderly. "You're not a monster Remus" said James with conviction. I looked at him SIRIUSly. "You're just saying that" I said mournfully. James rolled his eyes in exasperation. "Moony, you fold your socks and underwear and you colour code class notes, forgive me if I'm not trembling in fear at the sight of you" I laughed. "You've made your point Prongs" Suddenly, a thought occurred to me. "How did you know I was having problems?" I asked suspiciously. Lily smiled. "I was that Ravenclaw on the carriage" she replied. James shook his head. "What IS it with you and polyjuice potions?" he asked in mock SIRIUSness. Lily shrugged. "I wanted extra tutoring over the break and I perfected the Polyjuice, So, I decided to put it to good use. Now Remus, We are your friends, even if James is an arrogant git sometimes" she said, earning a hurt "Heeeey" from Prongs. "You really don't think Im a monster?"I asked. Sirius shook his head. "We love you Moony, trust us." And I did.