Saving Remus (?)

3rd Person POV

The three marauders and Lily sat in the hospital room, waiting for Remus to wake up. He shuddered and his rib cage seemed to squeak painfully with every breath. Mrs. Potter folded her hands together. "I don't know if he'll pull through. He's sustained a lot more injuries than he's willing to tell you." She sighed, hating to be the bearer of bad news. "His heart is working overtime to get rid of any silver left in his blood." James raised his head. "Isn't they a good thing?" His mother shook her head. "No, silver is toxic for werewolves, the more silver his heart pumps, the weaker his heart gets. There's nothing we can do, it's just a matter of will" Sirius gripped his chair so tightly that it nearly splintered. "All we can do is wait?" He growled. "You're telling me that after all he's been through, his own body is killing him and all we can do is WAIT?!" James tugged his arm. "Sirius please!" The Black heir sighed and put his head in his hands, too tired to put up a fight. "Sorry Mrs. Potter" he mumbled. She smiled kindly. "It's alright, I know how worried you must be" Lily coughed to get their attention. "Uh, is it just me? Or is Remus not breathing anymore?" She asked, trying to keep her voice from shaking. Mrs. Potter cursed under her breath and cast a charm, Remus' body lighting up with an alarming red/orange glow. "Dammit. When the light is red, it means his heart has stopped. He's not going to make it" James gaped in horror. "But it's orange?" Mrs. Potter shook her head. "It's almost red, I don't know if I can do anything now" Sirius ran to Remus' side and gripped his hand. "No. NO. NO! REM WAKE UP!PLEASE!" He voice rose to a shriek as the light dimmed to a red. Lily numbly felt for a pulse. "He's crashing fast" A long, high-pitched wail filled the room and it took Sirius a minute to realize that it was him screaming. "No... He can't be. He's Remus. He can't die. I love him too much" he murmured over and over. James sat on the edge of the bed. "Is there anything we can do?" Mrs. Potter was thinking hard. "We could TRY to restart his heart. Peter, Lily, have you heard of a defibrillator?" The two nodded. "Apparate out of here and see if you can find one. You have 7 minutes until he goes brain dead. Once he is, there is nothing we can do" There were two sharp cracks and they disappeared. "Can't I do anything?" pleaded Sirius. "There is a very slim chance that he might still be able to hear you. Keep talking to him." Replied the medi-witch as she swept out of the room. James stood up. "I'm going to contact Dorcas and the others. I want them here when Remus wakes up" Sirius looked at James, tears shining in his eyes. "Do you think he will?" James set his jaw. "He has to"

————Time Skip———

Lily and Peter arrived with a crack. "We got it!" Mrs. Potter practically snatched it out of their hands. "He's got 5 minutes left. This has to work" Rushing over to Remus' unconscious form, she peeled back his hospital gown and told Sirius to move back. As she continued her ministrations, James. Dorcas, Marlene, Frank, Alice, and even Snape burst through the door. "Is he going to live?!" Demanded Frank. "I don't know" said Mrs.Potter. "CLEAR"

Another clif hanger
Don't worry, this will be the last one