Chapter 41

W woke up to soft sheets, and the morning light trickling in through the blinds. Her eyes remained shut as she soaked in the warmth of her covers before letting her eyes see the sun's rays. Her head felt heavy and only his name floated into her stream of consciousness.

"Jimin" she whispered.

The person who was next to her with his face buried in his crossed arms stirred in his sleep hearing her whisper his name.

His reaction was slightly delayed but when it dawned on him that she had woken up, he jolted up to his straightened form and held her hand shedding tears.

"You are awake?" he exclaimed in a mixed state of shock and denial.

"Baby girl, can you see me," Jimin called her as she was repeatedly shutting and opening her eyes.

"Jimin" She whispered again. 

All the emotions crashed into him like enormous tidal waves and he was soon on his knees by the side of her bed weeping like a kid.

"You are awake, you are really okay," He said repeatedly, keeping his head down as he held onto her hand between two of his own.

"I thought I would lose you forever" Jimin was having a breakdown when the doctor who was in charge of her walked in.

"Young master, let me see her" The beautiful doctor with blond hair rushed beside the bed to examine her while Jimin stayed nearby wiping his tears.

"Can you hear me, Mrs. Park?" The doctor asked her to which W creased her forehead.

"Mrs. Park? That brat"   she mentally facepalmed nevertheless nodded her head signaling yes.

The doctor helped her into a sitting position then examined her eyes, her pulse, her temperature then turned to Jimin.

"She seems to be stable but I need to run some tests on her," The doctor informed as if she needed Jimin's permission to lay her hands on W. Only after Jimin nodded his head she did series of tests on W while Jimin remained beside her refusing to her go.

"You were in a coma for a week Mrs. Park, so your body might not function normally for some time. You need to be really careful since your body is healing from numerous gunshots. Thankfully none had touched your vital organs..." The doctor kept explaining but W was lost in her own mind.

The betrayal came back to her as a bitter sensation. The Deputy Chief was someone she looked up to since she had joined KIA but he turned out to be corrupted as well leaving her utterly disappointed. 

She wanted to fry that Bacon head boy too for being such an impulsive and ridicule person.

How did he even manage to become a special agent with a sense of judgment like shit? She was mentally strangling the guy.

Regardless of everything she felt glad to be alive because in the moments she thought were her final ones, the realization that she loved Jimin a lot and it was ok to have feelings for him even if he was the wrong guy had successfully drilled inside her head.

"Because I trust my daughter's heart" The image of  Her father's warm smile made all of the negative thoughts wash away.

"Hana" Jimin's voice brought her back from her trace and she turned her head to the side to get a better look at his face only then did she realize that they were the only ones in the room as the doctor had already left.

"My Hana" he called her again giving her such a longing look that her stomach turned in guilt.

"I called your name so many times and when I got no response from you, I wanted to kill myself" He kissed the back of her hands letting some drop of his tears land on it.