Chapter 51

As soon as the news of Taehyung waking up was given to W, she reached his room taking hurried long strides, and entered without even knocking.

Taehyung was in his bed with his back resting against the headboard and a faint smile decorating his face. Veronica was beside him carrying the tray with medicines and an empty glass.

"How are you feeling?" she hastened and stationed herself beside him.

"Perfect Hana, no need to worry about me" he patted her head in a reassuring manner.

Even though Taehyung had a smile plastered on his face to mask his pain, the dark circles under his eyes and his pale skin gave away his lies. Taking his hand which was caressing her hair, W moved it downwards to her cheek and pressed them against his palm wishing she had powers to take all of his pain away.

"He needs to take bed rest for a few days, other than that he is completely fine," Veronica informed W, who nodded her head with a gloomy face.

With others gone to Seoul for some urgent work, only W was free to visit Taehyung and accompany him.

"I will send a maid to bring food for both of you but till then make sure he won't disobey and takes a proper rest" Taehyung's lips puckered into an adorable pout making Veronica giggle shaking her head at his childishness.

"I will take my leave" She informed both of them then disappeared out of the room.

"I'm so sorry" a tear slipped down W's eyes as she apologized for causing him pain

"It's not your fault tiger" Taehyung was quick to defend her, however, the word tiger snatched the air out of her lungs leaving her breathless because it was a name given by V to her.

"Did your memory..." suddenly she felt her throat go dry, unable to form any more sounds. W glanced at Taehyung with anticipation but he lowered his head and shook it signally no.

Disappointment quickly flooded inside her but she maintained her faint smile to hide it. She didn't want to pressure him to recall his past knowing it could have an adverse effect on his health however couldn't help to feel her heart sink a little.

"Its okay, even if you never remember your past, you will always be my number one precious person" she gave him a huge smile hoping that would help him to feel better.

"I didn't get them back but I did have a few glimpses. Not sure if it's was a dream or reality" Her grip on his hand tighter as her eyes glimmered in hope.

"What did you see?" She questioned feeling eager to know.

"When we were talking about our past as soon as the word W escaped your lips, I felt sharp pain running through my skull and a familiar voice yelling at me. The last thing I remember before blacking out was a hand with the tattoo of W pointing a gun at me"

If she would be standing by the time he had finished his explanation, she would have surely lost her balance and fell down on the floor but thankfully she was on the bed beside Taehyung. 

The feeling of betrayal increased along with a repulsive feeling that was making a twist on her stomach. Tightly holding his hand, W took a deep breath in sharply to calm down her nerves before attempting to speak. Noticing how blanched her face looked, Taehyung hurriedly inquired. 

"Yah are you fine?" a look of concern washed over his face but she was no longer capable of uttering any words.

If the glimpse he had were actually fragments of his memories then the real culprit behind Taehyung's current state was no other than "Byun Baekhyun" The only man in KIA who had a tattoo of the letter W engraved in his right hand.

The man whom she had considered her friend for years.

She always knew he was impulsive, irrational, and sometimes stupid but she had really thought him to be a kind soul. She had always seen him as a gullible sweet man, loving her for who she was, and always felt guilty for not being able to return back his feelings therefore, the revelation was like lighting striking her head.

As her mind scrambled to make sense of Taehyung's words, she began to see hints on his obsession with her. The unusual aggression he would often show every time she was with another man. The way he had tried to force himself upon her numerous times. The fact that he had killed the officers without a second doubt trying to free her from Bangtan, the way he never let anyone other than him or his friends accompany her in her missions were all crucial signs she chose to ignore.

Baekhyun somehow had an unhealthy obsession with her and that obsession was the main reason that led him to try and kill V, the man who was her lover.

It was all because of her.

V had to suffer because of her.

Not being able to digest the new revelation she buried her face on his chest while Taehyung rubbed her back repeatedly saying it was ok.

"It was my fault" She finally spoke while lifting her head to see his worry-stricken face.

The person responsible for snatching her happiness was in front of her all along disguised as her friend and she had never noticed and this made anger fuel violently within her.

"But I promise you, I will make him pay for millions of times more " her entire demeanor darkened all of a sudden.

"I will make him beg for his life " With the fire of determination burning in her eyes, she vowed to extinguish the light from Byun Baekhyun's eyes.

*****