"it's funny how everyone assumes that's what i wanted. did you ever stop and think about if that's what i actually needed?" rebecca said as steve's look softened, seeing the look in her eyes.

"rebecca, i'm sorry." steve said.

before he could say anything else, he never had the chance since rebecca began talking again.

"no, i'm sorry. because while i was going through all that stuff, my own father pushed himself away from me. so i'm sorry if all i needed at that time was my best friend." rebecca said before storming away from steve.

rebecca went to class and she noticed that nancy was at school but barb wasn't.

that night rebecca was home and she was cooking dinner for her and her father.

she heard the door open and she saw her father had just got back and he put his hat on the table.

"hey, dad." rebecca said turning to her father.

"i'm making some- hey, what's wrong?" she asked once she saw he had tears in his eyes.

"uh, they found will byers in the lake not too long ago." her father said as rebecca let out a sigh and pulled her father in for a hug.

"i know i don't say this a lot but i love you, rebecca." her father said as he felt her nod.

"i love you, too, dad." rebecca replied.

-

the next morning rebecca got up a bit earlier than usual and decided to make breakfast for her and her father. she was making blueberry pancakes.

she heard her father's door open and he walked out, fully dress in his sheriff's uniform.

"you're up early." her father said as she gave him a smile.

"yeah, i decided to make breakfast." rebecca replied as her father smiled.

"thanks, pumpkin. it smells delicious." her father replied sitting down at the table as rebecca put some pancakes on his plate.

she got some pancakes of her own and sat across her father and began eating.

"oh, dad you're gonna be late." rebecca told him once she saw the time.

"you know what? how about i drive you to school on my way to the station." her father said as she smiled.

"that sounds great." rebecca replied as her father smiled back at her.

they both got in the sheriff's car and he pulled up to the school and rebecca saw steve getting out of his car with nancy.

"have a good day, pumpkin." her father said before she smiled at him and got out of the car.

"you too." rebecca replied before she walked towards the school.

rebecca went to the back of the school, it's the place where she went to write. writing was a way for her to get out of her own head.

she couldn't help but hear steve shouting at nancy for her to come back.

"nancy!" steve shouted but nancy just walked away from him.

"trouble in paradise?" rebecca asked as steve turned to her.

"uh, she's just upset about barb." steve said as she nodded.

"you okay?" steve asked seeing she was quieter than usual.

"it's nothing. you probably don't care anyway." rebecca said turning to walk away but steve gently grabbed her wrist.

"hey, beck. about the stuff you said yesterday, you were right. about all of it. after losing your sister i should've been there for you. i know it's no consolation, but i'm here now and i'm not leaving." steve told her as they locked eyes.

"it's just my dad was really upset last night, after finding wills body. i think it reminded him of sarah." rebecca said.

"rebecca and steve. can we talk for a minute?" they heard and they turned to see a deputy.

rebecca saw her father sitting down in the cafeteria and their were two other police officers sitting at the table.

"so, i'm sure you've heard barbara holland is missing." one deputy said.

"yeah, look i don't wanna take up much of your time so i'll answer anything you have to ask." rebecca told him.

rebecca had a certain respect when it came to law enforcement since her father was the chief of hawkins.

"well, when was the last time you saw barbara before leaving the party?" an officer asked her.

"uh, i was talking with her inside the house and i told her i had to leave and that it was nice meeting her. that was it until i left." rebecca replied.

after answering a few other questions, rebecca was free to go and her father decided to bring her home for the rest of the day.

here's another ship question, joyce and hopper or joyce and bob?

i'm jopper all the way!