LA

Maya's POV

I had been living out in LA for over a month now. Riley and Farkle would come down and see me whenever they could. I didn't have very many friends down here yet.

I became good friends with Jo a lady who owned an art gallery. She let me put a couple pieces in the gallery and I sold a few.

Tonight was the first gallery of my own and I had invited my whole family to come see it. I was getting dressed when Riley texted me telling me she couldn't make it.

I drove to the gallery and walked around listening to what people had to say about my work.

"Hey cheer up sunshine,"Jo said walking over to me.

"Sorry it's just my family wasn't able to come," I said.

Jo pulled me into a hug, "It's okay you will have more gallery openings to come.

I looked up, "Really."

"Do these checks for 6 of your painting look like they are lying," she said handing me the checks.

"Wow it's only been an hour," I said taking them.

"Just wait until the end of the night," she said.

I walked around the rest to the night. Jo introduced me to a few of her other friends who owned gallery's. They wanted a few pieces of mine.

After everyone had left that night only one painting was left unsold. I went over to it and pulled it down off the wall.

"That's beautiful," someone said walking up behind me.

I didn't turn around when I said, "Thanks it's kind of an old piece."

"How old?" he asked.

"I made it back when I was dating this guy," I said.

"Oh," he said.

I turned around still looking at the painting, "Did you want to buy it?"

"Sure," he said as I looked up.

"Lucas," I pulled him into a hug, "What are you doing here?"

"I picked my football scholarship in Washington," he said.

"Oh," I said disappointed, "I made a mistake not telling you about me being a wizard.

"Yeah but I'm thinking about taking my baseball one in LA so I can watch the girl I love make a few more mistakes," Lucas smiled.

"Really?" I said.

Lucas took the painting out of my hand and put it on the ground. He leaned down and our lips touched. We didn't separated until we needed air.

He rested his forehead against mine, "Really."