Dancing

Lucas POV

I took Maya's hand and lead her out on the dance floor as the song Thirteen by Big Star came on. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I put my hands around her waist. I looked over and saw Farkle and Riley dancing together.

"So are you having a good time?" I stupidly asked.

Maya laughed, "I just got here but I'm having a pretty good time so far."

"Right," I laughed back.

"Your cute when you get nervous," Maya smiled.

"I must be cute all the time then because I'm always nervous around you."

"Why?"

"Your so different from all the girls I've ever been around."

"Different how?"

"You aren't scared to be yourself."

"I want people to like me for the real me."

"I do like you."

"I like you too," Maya said blushing.

"Good," I leaned in and so did Maya. Our lips touched right as the song ended.

Maya smiled and looked down.

"Attention everyone it's time we announce your homecoming king and queen," Mr. Keys our principle said.

Everyone clapped and I wrapped Maya in a hug from behind.

"Alright everyone your homecoming king is," Mr. Keys said, "Lucas Friar."

Everyone started clapping and Maya turned around a kissed me. I walked up to the stage and let Mr. Keys put on my crown. I smiled at Maya.

"Alright," Mr. Keys said, "And your homecoming queen is Maya Matthews."

Maya smiled and walked up to the stage where I was. She hugged me first and then let Mr. Keys put on her crown. She walked back over to me and I kissed her on the lips.

"Alright now it's time for the king and queen dance," Mr. Keys said.

I took Maya's hand and lead her out to the dance floor. She blushed because everyone was watching us but I didn't care I still wrapped my arms around her waist.

We dance the song together and then danced every other songs together. When the dance ended Maya kissed me goodbye but then ran off to get home on time.

I don't own the song Thirteen by Big Star