Homecoming Queen?

Maya's POV

"Attention everyone attention," our math teacher said standing up on a lunch table that was empty.

"Oh great they are going to announce the Homecoming Queen and King nominations," Riley said eating her sandwich.

"I for one love when they announce they nominations because the girl that don't get nominated are upset and they need a shoulder to cry on," Farkle said.

"It's all based on popularity though," I said taking a drink.

"Your popular though," Riley said.

"I'm not like those girl who actually want to win," I said.

"Your also a lot nicer than the girls who usually get picked," Farkle said.

"I never asked to do popular it's just something that happened," I said.

"Okay everyone," Mr. Key's said, "Your nominees for king are as followed Jackson Frank, Lucas Friar, and Luke Redding."

Everyone clapped for them. Of course all of them won.

"Now your nominees for Queen are as followed Shay Blue, Kyllie Wright, and Maya Matthews."

I spit out my drink, "What?"

"I guess congratulations," Riley said.

"Yeah," I said.

I didn't even want to win.

"Congratulations," Lucas said walking by.

"Thanks," I muttered under my breath.

After lunch was over I ran to up with Lucas as he was walking to his class.

"What the heck do you think your doing?" I said blocking his path.

"Walking to my locker," Lucas said pointing towards his locker.

"You rigged the votes," I said.

"No I'm pretty sure I didn't," he said.

"Yes you did," I said.

"Can you move so can get to my locker?" Lucas asked.

"Not until you admit that you rigged the competition," I said.

"Okay fine," Lucas said picking me and placing down behind him.

"This isn't over," I said.

"Looks like it is," he said opening his locker.

I stomped of towards my locker. Great now I actually had to go to this stupid dance and pretend to enjoy it.