Spell Book

Lucas's POV

I wanted to drop the book on the ground and run out of Maya's apartment but I couldn't I just froze.

"Why do you have a spell book?" I repeated.

"A what?" Maya said standing up.

"Why do you have a spell book?" I repeated again.

"I don't know I think it's Auggie's," Maya said going over to the fridge, "Are you thirsty I can get you something to drink?"

"How do you know about wizards?" I asked not moving from my spot.

"I told you it's just some weird book Auggie probably brought home," Maya said looking at the fridge and not a me, "What do you know about wizards?"

"Maya this isn't a joke," I said.

"I know it's not."

"Wizards are dangerous."

"How are they dangerous?"

"If their power falls into the hands of someone who isn't ready for magic there is no telling what could happen."

"How do I know it's not something your just making up? This book could be full of random words written by a crazy person."

"Come follow me I'll show that I'm not making this up," I said grabbing her hand.

"Lucas wait," Maya said stopping.

"What?" I stopped.

"It's not Auggie's book," Maya said.

"Who's book is it then?" I said.

"It's mine," Maya said before walking outside on the balcony.

I had to have had something in my ears. She couldn't be telling me that she was a wizard.

"What!" I managed to get out once I got to the balcony.

"I heard you and your friends talking about wizards one day and I wanted to impress you so I bought the book from some voodoo store," Maya rubbed her eye, "Now you know."

"Maya you don't have to impress me," I said walking over to her.

Drops of rain began to fall.

"I know that now," Maya said looking down.

I sat down next to her, "You are who you are and don't change for anyone not even me."

"Okay," Maya smiled.

"I have to leave to get ready," I said standing up.

"Oh okay I'll see you at the game," Maya said standing up as well.

"But I have to do one more thing," I said.

I walked over to her and leaned down. We both leaned in and I finally got to kiss her. It was in that moment I knew Maya was crazy, stubborn, funny, but most of all she was the girl.

The rain picked up and we spilt apart. I ran back inside and grabbed my book bag before going out the front door.