That guy

Maya's POV

I barely made it through school today without thinking about Lucas. Riley wanted to take me home but I needed to talk to Lucas. He had football practice today so I waited until it was over behind the bleachers.

Lucas was the last one there running a few extra laps. I could hear thunder in the distance and I could feel the rain coming down.

I ran up over to him and he stopped when he saw me.

"What do you want?" Lucas asked.

"I need to talk to you," I said.

"We have nothing to talk about," Lucas looked more hurt than mad.

"Lucas we have everything to talk about."

"Not anymore."

"Lucas you know that I'm a wizard."

"Yeah I do but you know why I don't get is why couldn't you just tell me."

"I couldn't tell you because," I didn't know where to go from there. If I called him out he would hate me.

"You thought I would tell my parents," Lucas looked really mad now, "If that's the kind of guy you think I am then maybe I will."

"Lucas no wait," I yelled.

"Save it for someone who cares," Lucas said walking away.

I just stood there letting the rain poor down on me. I cried even more than I had this morning. Lucas was going to tell his parents that I was actually a wizard and that the tape was real. We would all have to move away again.

"Maya," I heard someone say.

I looked up and saw my dad.

"Dad," I said crying.

"I heard it all but just come here," he said opening his arms.

I ran over to him and he held me tightly. I cried into his chest and he flashed us back to our apartment.

"Oh Maya," my mom said pulling me into a hug.

"Oh mom," I said crying even more.

"It's okay it will all be okay," she said rubbing my back.