Graduation day

Maya's POV

I walked into the school for the last time with Riley and Farkle. It was hard to believe today was the day I was leaving this place forever. So many memories took place here and now I was getting ready to leave them all behind.

After graduations was over I was planning on going home and packing right away. I had a plane to catch to LA at 9:00 the next morning.

"We should probably go find our seats," I said.

"Yeah let go," we all walked into the auditorium still holding hands.

"I guess we will see you after we graduate," Riley said looking over to Farkle.

"Yup," Farkle said before he kissed her on the lips and then came over to me and hugged me.

"I'll see you soon," Farkle said.

Riley and I walked over to our seat which happened to be next to each other and waited for graduation to begin. They slowly called names and everyone walked across the stage.

"Lucas Friar," our principle called.

Lucas walked up the steps and shook hands with him as he got his diploma.

"Lucas Friar happens to be receiving two different scholarships one for baseball and one for football," he said as Lucas walked off the steps.

I wonder which school Lucas was planning on going to. He could follow his heart and make his dad mad or follow his dads path.

They called more names and they got to mine name later on. Riley's was right behind me and soon after they finished.

I was getting ready to walk outside to our car when I ran into Lucas. He looked so handsome in his cap.

I decided to say something to him, "Hey Lucas."

"Hey Maya," he said smiling.

"Congrats on the two scholarships," I said.

"Thanks I haven't made my choice yet, he said, "But anyway congrats on LA."

"Thanks," I smiled.

"They are lucky to have you," he said.

I blushed, "Thanks."

Lucas mom walked up, "Lucas honey are you ready we have a dinner to get to."

"Yeah mom I'll be right over," Lucas said.

"I guess this is goodbye," I said.

"I guess so," Lucas said.

"Goodbye Lucas," I said.

"Goodbye Maya," he said before I turned around and walked back outside to my parents.

I never thought saying goodbye would be that hard. Even though we hadn't spoken in forever it was like we never stopped.