Gentle reminder (Baffy friendship)

Summary: Daffy is worn out from his new job and needs a bit of comfort.
This isn't really a ship fic but it can be if ya want it to I guess. But this is supposed to be pure fluffy friends🖤💙 enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daffy walked in after a long day. Recently he had become an Uber driver and it was emotionally exhausting with some of the loons that get in his car and tried to actually talk to him. Either way, when he returned home he was drained.

He walked over to the living room and noticed a familiar rabbit relaxing on the couch with a book. Bugs didn't even look up at Daffy "How was work?" He asked, trying to finish up his page. Daffy stayed silent as he watched Bugs eyes scan the page. Truth be told he wanted to crawl into bed and sleep away the stresses of today but there was one thing he needed first.

Bugs put down his book on the table and looked at Daffy. He was surprised he hadn't already started yapping on and on about who knows what happening who knows where. Bugs gave him a confused look, "You alright?" He had his arms crossed and was leaning back into the sofa. Daffy stared for a moment longer before quietly stating, "I need a hug..."

Bugs was kind of shocked he outright asked for something like that. Sure they've hugged many times before but it was oddly different when he asked for one. Bugs unfolded his arms and sat up a bit looking at Daffy, "Oh uh...sure." He got up and wrapped his arms around Daffy, having the ducks forehead against his chest as his head fell when he got close. Daffy didn't move a muscle, just stared at the ground and appreciated the rabbits' presence.

They stayed like that for no more than 30 seconds when Bugs was ready to pull away. He was stopped instantly and was embraced tightly by the black duck. "Oh!" He placed his arms back around his friend comfortably. Daffy had placed his head on Bugs shoulder and relaxed even more into the feeling. Bugs gave Daffy a light pat, he had no idea what came over his best friend and it felt better not to ask at a time like this.

Daffy mumbled something that Bugs just caught "You're special to me Bugs." The rabbit smiled wholeheartedly, "You're special to me too Daffy. Now whaddya say we put you to bed?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The 2011 show makes it really hard not to ship them but impossible at the same time, so I have a conflicting opinion on it but I think it's fine to enjoy. I wrote this the night before my exam and just finished ending after the exam that I kind of rocked so this is like a tasty "good job" treat.

Sorry it was so short, I also probably won't write another one of these but that's fine. Hope y'all enjoyed and thanks for reading🖤💙