Water war (Eddeddy)

Summary: The kids of the cul-de-sac have a water fight to cool off but things get a little heated between Edd and Eddy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's was a ridiculously hot day of summer and the kids of the cul-de-sac decided that the best way to cool off was to have a water fight.

Everyone had a fully loaded gun and 5 balloons each. But now the round was about half done and only four people were left, Eddy, Edd, Kevin, and Ed. The rest of the kids sat in the middle of the cul-de-sac sipping lemonade, waiting to see who would emerge victorious.

Ed and Kevin where face to face "You're done for dork" Ed laughed happily then narrowed his eyes, "You are the one that is done for, Kevin!" They both stayed still, eyeing each other, hands hovering over their water guns. They heard a chime sound signalling that's the round was half over and they both went in for the kill. Splash! Splash! Ed hit Kevin twice in the chest. "What the-" Kevin looked down at his wet shirt then back up at Ed "You win this time dork for brains, but next time you won't be so lucky!" Kevin marched off angrily and mumbling to himself.

Ed danced around happily for all of 5 seconds when he had turned around and was met with a familiar face. "Nice one Lumpy, but your times up." Without any hesitation, Eddy shot Ed twice in the chest and once in the face for good measure. "Good job Eddy! Now you just have to get Double Dee!" Ed clapped. Eddy scoffed cockily "Easy as eating pie! Double Dee could never shoot me, I'm to slick"

Both Eds heard a rustle in the tress and turned around to see Double Dee happily sitting on a branch. "I don't need to shoot you, Eddy. I just need to outrun you until the round is over so then it will be a tie." Eddy chuckled and shook his head "You wanna play dirty ay Sockhead?" Eddy chased after Double Dee as his now worst enemy wobbly jumped branch to branch.

Eddy eventually found himself fairly deep in the forest, it was darker and colder and he kept turning anxiously at every twig snap. He was about to turn back and call it quits when someone behind him cleared their throat. "30 seconds on the clock Eddy, you gave it your best shot and I applaud you for that" Double Dee mocked happily putting his hand on his chest and slightly bowing.

Eddy whipped around and held out his water gun aiming for Edds' chest, "I got you now Double Dee!" Edd chuckled "On the contrary, Eddy. Your aim is horrid, you had to refill 3 times just to get Jimmy who wasn't even moving. Good try Eddy, I'm impressed you made it this far." Double Dee stood proud with his head high, that he had accomplished his personal victory. But an idea quickly popped into Eddy's head and he tossed his gun aside. "You got me, Double Dee, you win" Eddy started walking over to Edd "Why thank you, Eddy. It was quite fun! I hope nex-" Eddy cut him off by putting his hand on his face "Here your prize, winner"

Eddy looked into Edd's eyes and pulled his face closer. They both leaned in and met halfway relaxing but tensing up as they kissed.
Eddy smiled evilly while he reached into his back pocket pulling out his last water balloon. Lips still locked with Edd's, Eddy brought the balloon above his and Double Dee's head squeezed it.

Splash!

Double Dee quickly pulled back "EDDY!" He shrieked. "I WON!" Eddy cheered, throwing his fits up in the air and shaking off some water he had gotten on himself. Edds face slowly morphed from angry to disappointment and he crossed his arms "You only did that so you could win?" He looked sadly at the ground like someone had just broken something important to him but he didn't want to say it mattered, which was kind of true, this felt like a stab in the heart.

Rubbing the back of his neck and signing anxiously Eddy confessed, "Not a chance Sockhead, I wouldn't do something like that unless I meant it. Ya mean a lot to me. Sure, I did it to win mostly but I also did it cause I dig ya. I know this is super cheesy but would.." Eddy trailed off for a second as he saw tears in Edd's eyes.

"Jeez, I didn't think I was that bad," Eddy chuckled, wiping away the tears with the back of his hand. Edd sniffled "No no it's not that.." he sniffled again grabbing Eddy's hand with both of his and smiling brightly at the other boy. "I can't help it, I'm sorry. Please, continue" Edd smiled more and composed himself breathing in then out for a moment.

Eddy just chuckled and breathed a sigh of relief, "Wanna go out sometime?" Eddy asked nervously. Double Dee nodded laughing lightly, "Of course Eddy," they took each other's hand and started to make their way to the centre of the cul-de-sac.

As they got closer to the other kids Sarah shouted: "It looks like it's a tie!" Eddy shouted back even though they were almost right next to them "No! I splashed him!" Sarah gave Eddy an evil look, "Yeah but you're wet too so you still lose!" Giving in Eddy admitted defeat and they started the next round. To him, he had won.