23. The mystery and misery of Adam.

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Tiara looked fixedly at her brother, hard and longer than normal like he was a stranger, someone she had never met before. Who was this man?

"I know what to do. I'm going to tell Mummy. I'm going to tell her everything. That's what I'm going to do. I can't deal with this madness alone. And definitely won't keep quiet about it." She ran her mouth then she turned to leave the room.

"You don't know anything so you better not tell her anything! Tiara!" By then she had banged the door behind her. Shit! He cussed under his breath.

It just kept getting worse and Tiara's wahala* was becoming unbearable. He had a lot to worry; going back to New York for his son ASAP, deciding what he was going to do with Simi, what he would tell her. And now, he had to worry about his sister too. Isn't my life just great?!

*wahala - trouble

***

6:26pm, Feyisetan's car

"Where exactly are we going to?" Simi finally asked breaking the silence and tension they had managed to sustain in the car since they left the house minutes ago.

"Err I thought I mentioned it," He turned his head to look at her while he still kept his eyes on the road and she shook her head. "Oh I'm sorry. We're going to Bode's hotel. I really thought I told you."

"Hotel? Why are we going to a hotel? I thought you said you wanted to eat out."

"What? Yeah. That was where I first saw you, I thought it'd be nice to go there and besides they have a very nice restaurant and lounge there. He's also expecting us."

"Oh!"

"What were you thinking?"

"Nothing."

"Are you sure? You want to go somewhere else?"

"No no it's fine. Keep going."

He steered to the left and stepped on the gas. He looked at her again and that was when he noticed what she was wearing. A lot has really been on his mind all day and it was hard focusing on anything else.

"You look nice."

"Thank you."

***

6:59pm, D'Hôtel Royale

The restaurant was quite exotic, very peaceful and clean with slow nice music behind the scenes. The aroma that swirled too was very rich and heavenly, the aroma of scrumptious food and floral fragrance.

Bode had already come to greet his guests but he only spent a couple of minutes with them because as a busy man that he was, he had business to attend to and more importantly he could tell that it was a special time for Adam and Simi, so he soon excused himself.

The waitress finally brought in their order and served them respectively, when she was done, she smiled at them then sashayed back behind the counter.

Adam first poured their glasses of the juice while Simi waited for him to break the ice, say something about why they were really there.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked when she noticed his eyes didn't leave her.

"How am I looking at you?" He put her glass in front of her.

"I don't know. Like I just popped out of nowhere and you're trying to figure me out?"

He smiled, "You're smart." He tried the flavor of his glass and she too did likewise.