26

Selena tapped her pencil repeatedly on Camila's song notebook. She felt privileged to hold such an item. Camila rarely let anyone see what was inside, let alone let others touch it. But she and Selena had something special from before, they had developed a bond.

"Ugh.." The smaller Latina groaned from her side of the couch.

"What's wrong mils?"

Camila looked up with tear strained cheeks, Selena immediately sat up and went to comfort her. Rubbing her back and stroking her hair gently. "What's wrong Cam?"

Camila sobbed. "She's probably cheating on me this very moment."

Selena thought back and remembered the pale girl who Camila had gushed on and on when they first met a week ago.

"She's not. You said you trusted her didn't you?"

Camila punched the pillow on her lap. "BUT I SAW THEM KISSING LAST NIGHT! ON THE STREET OUTSIDE MY APARTMENT."

Selena sighed and hugged the girl close to her. She hated times like these. She hated them really bad.

"That was all in your head Cam. We were together last night remember? We spent the entire night here in the studio." She said in a calm voice.

Camila whimpered against her chest. "She'll hate me if she knew that I was thinking like this. She was assured I trusted her."

"I'm sure she won't." Selena held the girl up closer and kissed her lips gently.

Camila kissed back slowly, "You're mean.."

The older Latina laughed and held her even closer. It worked. It always worked. "I'm sorry for being mean. Forgive me Cam?"

Camila giggled and wrapped her arms around Selena's neck. "I was kidding. You're nice, like you always were."

Selena smiled at the familiar sound. It calmed her down as well. "Want to stay like this for a while? The song's almost done and we can record it all day tomorrow."

Camila straddled her lap and nodded, she laid her chin on Selena's shoulder. "Did you get back together with that just-an-asshole?"

"Obviously no. I'm not that dumb Cam."

The younger girl chuckled and tightened her hold, "He loves his Latina women doesn't he? So much that he had smacked the ass you used to smack."

"When was that?" Selena cursed herself.

Camila smiled at the overprotectiveness in her friend's tone. "Some time around half of your stay at that rehab place."

"I knew I should have left halfway." Selena muttered. "That bastard really touched you?"

"If it makes you feel any better," Camila touched the spot behind Selena's right ear, "Dinah chased him with a whip."

The combination of the ridiculous joke and the soft stroking calmed the older woman down. Subconsciously she moaned and immediately Camila stopped.

"Yeah noooo." Camila laughed. "I'm taken now Miss Gomez."

She wiggled her eyebrows and made Selena laugh again. God she loved this woman.

"I know. How is she?" Selena settled the girl down beside her, giving them some space.

Camila curled beside her with a dopey smile. "God.. It's like you and asshole when you were 15."

"Exciting, New and kind of scary?"

"Yeah.. Also relaxing and kind of wild. Lauren's so... Right for me."