Part 29

Jimin's breath hitches as soon as he sees CJ standing by the door.

As soon as he had entered the house with the others he had been on edge. He knows that this is the house that he would always find himself dropping CJ off at. When Justin had greeted them with a smile, his whole world seemed to  crash down around him. He had hoped that CJ just wasn't here, but now he can't look away from her as she walks further into the room.

He can tell that she has been using. He uses himself, so it wasn't hard to tell. There is a difference between them though. He uses occasionally to feel good, but it is obvious that CJ has been using a little too much in the past month that they have been apart.

Her cheeks are more hallow than they were before, her waist smaller as well. Her eyes have bags underneath them from lack of sleep, her not even attempting to cover up the side effects of the drug. He can tell that she had probably just had some as well, her eyes red and her pupils dilated.

"Hey guys" she says as she puts one of her hands on her hip, a taunting smirk on her face. "Long time no see."

This isn't good. They had been trying to get a better deal out of Justin today, wanting to get more drugs for less so that they could start selling it in larger quantities. It had been working too, Justin growing more and more agitated since he couldn't figure out who the leader of their gang was. Now that CJ is here, it's only a matter of time before she rats them out and their plan is as good as ruined.

"How have you been?" Hoseok asks softly, his eyes holding concern as he takes in how bad CJ looks. She doesn't answer, her jaw clenching at how genuine he looks and sounds.

She doesn't like how she feels now, her high taking a turn for the worst. She can feel it as she gets more and more aggravated at being in Jimin's presence, it being heightened due to the drugs pumping through her bloodstream.

"What seems to be the problem?" she asks Justin as she stands beside him, her not looking at anyone in the room.

Jimin can't look away as Justin smirks in his direction, his hand balling into a fist as he watches him place a hand on CJ's waist. He is a little confused when she scowls and bats it away though, his eyes watching her face as she clenches her teeth and glares at Justin with hate burning beneath her eyes.

He holds his hands up in mock surrender, a smile on his face when he sees how worked up she is right now.

"These guys are giving me a little bit of a hard time" he says loudly, the guys stiffening in their seats as CJ's eyes scan over them. "I thought, since you seem to know them, you could give me a hand fingering out who the leader is so we can talk in private."

Her hands rest on the gun that she had placed at her hip before she had come downstairs, just wanting to get this over with. Her irritation is proving to be difficult to handle, her walking over to where Namjoon is sitting. She stops a little ways away though, not wanting to give them away. Namjoon has been nothing but nice to her, so she is hesitant to rat them out to her deceitful boss.

The guys begin to panic, not knowing what to do. If the situation was different, and Jimin and her were still together, this wouldn't have been a problem. Now, there is nothing stopping her from telling Justin everything, Taehyung taking the initiative to distract her while they figure out what to do.

"I'm glad we found out."

"What?" She asks quietly, stopping in her tracks to stare at the guy who spoke to her. Taehyung smirks as he looks her over, crossing his arms as he leans back in his chair.

"I had always wondered why Jimin took and interest in you, but now I'm not surprised at all" he says calmly, the guys watching him silently. They hope he knows what he is doing, not wanting to get caught but also not wanting to hurt CJ more than she already is.

"Why aren't you surprised?" she asks despite herself, glancing over in Jimin's direction as he watches her. Taehyung chuckles lowly before leaning forward, placing his hands flat on the table. He glanced between Justin and CJ before opening his mouth, a tinge of guilt making him pause before he speaks again.

"He always goes for whores, so I'm not shocked he chose you."

The room is deadly silent at the look that crosses CJ's face. They have never seen her look so blank before, the only indicator that she is angry being the fire burning in her eyes.

That's when she takes out her gun and aims it at his head, gasps falling from everyone's mouths. Even Justin looks shocked, him never having seen her act this way. Sure, she has killed people before, but this is different. She had killed them because they either deserved it or she was ordered to, this time she is going off of her anger and resentment.

"You wouldn't shoot me" Taehyung says lowly, not moving from his spot. There is uncertainty in his eyes though, them widening when the sound of the safety being taken off fills the tense room.

"Try me."