Part 9

I fiddle with my hands as I sit in the front seat of his car, my eyes not moving from the dashboard. The whole ride back was silent, my mind whirling as I thought over the events that took place at the cafe.

What I don't understand is why. Why can't I say no when it comes to him? Why does my brain shut down every time he so much as looks at me? I've never been a submissive person, so why do I like it so much when he controls me?

What does he see in me? Why did he even get interested in me in the first place? How? I'm nothing special.

"What's wrong?"

I jump a little in my seat, my head turning to look at Jimin as he continues to drive. His eyes are focused on the road, one of his hands on the wheel while the other one comes down to rest on my knee in what I think is supposed to be a comforting motion. All it succeeds in doing is make my whole leg tingle with energy, my nerves spiking as his thumb starts to rub soothing circles onto my exposed skin.

"It's nothing" I whisper, looking away from him and out of the window on my side. I brush his hand away and immediately regret it, the warmth that it had given me being replaced by a strange sense of emptiness that I shouldn't even be feeling right now.

His silence lets me know that he doesn't believe me, but I thank him in my mind for not calling me out about it. I wouldn't know what to say if he did ask me to tell him. How do you explain to someone that you're not sure if you are attracted to his body or the way that he acts towards you? Either way you put it, it doesn't sound flattering at all.

"Where are we?"

"My house" he answers as we stop on the curb, right outside of a tall house with brick walls and a brown roof. My eyebrows crinkle in confusion as I look at our surroundings, not recognizing the area at all. He sees my look and smiles slightly, putting the car in park as he turns towards me.

"I spent the night at my aunt's house before work that one day, which is why we met the way that we did."

I nod, going silent again. I wonder if he lives alone, him not mentioning anything about any roommates. My unspoken question is answered as soon as he opens the front door, my eyes widening at the amount of shoes that are lined up along the side. They are of all different shapes, colors, and sizes, it making me wonder exactly how many people are living with him and who they are.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, not liking the silence that has begun to settle in around the two of us. I can usually talk with no problem, and Jimin wasn't an exception, but something has changed. I feel timid for once in my life, no other words escaping from me as I cautiously look up at the man standing beside me. I don't know why he is kind of intimidating to me seeing as I have dealt with men far worse than he is.

"Oh" he says before pausing, his hesitation causing me to take a closer look at his face. "I have six roommates. I believe that they should be back sometime in the morning."

And there's that look again. The look he had when he was talking about his second job. This time I'm sure that he is hiding something, the urge to ask him about it almost overtaking me. I still don't feel like it's my place to ask him any pressing questions about them though, knowing that it's not my place. That doesn't stop me from wondering though.

"I meant what I said by the way."

I turn away from the painting that I was looking at to face him, my confusion making me curious as to what he has to say. He isn't looking at me when I turn to him though, my eyes getting lost in the sharp angles of his jaw.

"What I said earlier about not thinking that you are a toy to me....."

He pauses and clears his throat, turning away from me even more. I can see why he got so flustered, the tips of his ear turning a bright red. A small smile appears on my face at the sight of him being like this, not used to his sudden shyness.

"I, um........you.....don't get me wrong, I think you're super hot, but you.....you seem pretty cool too, I, uh, I-I guess."

"Awe" I say with a slight smirk on my face, my arms crossing over my chest as I lean the majority of my weight into one side. "That was kinda cute."

He rolls his eyes, a hint of pink still dusting his cheeks.

"Tch. Whatever."