Part 14

He opens the door with difficulty, one of his hands holding me up while the other holds onto the backpack I brought with me. He does manage to do it though, leading us through the hallway that is littered with shoes and precariously hung jackets.

By now I know exactly where we are, and I know exactly why I thought it looked so familiar. I quickly put two and two together, remember how Jimin had said he had roommates and how he was hesitant about telling me about what his second job was. I'm not even that surprised to be honest, just a little bit in wonder about how we practically have the same life outside of our regular job.

Even now as Namjoon and I hobble through the hallway I can hear his distinct laugh as he messes around with the others in the living room, the tinkling sound causing me a small amount of relief in my pained state.

"Hyung, what took you so long?" a familiar guy with light brown hair and a rectangular smile asks. "You get the bag?"

His smile falls when he turns towards where Namjoon and I are standing, his eyes widening when he takes in my beat-up form. I can understand why he got so quiet seeing as I probably look like shit with my face and knee bleeding and my lip busted. My hair is probably all over the place right now as well, my shirt stained with a little bit of my blood as well as Nate's.

"What happened to her?" another boy asks right after, drawing everyone's attention.

The only person I am looking at is Jimin, his eyes widening as soon as they lay on me. His mouth drops open and I find my own eyes widening at how concerned he looks for me, not used to anyone other than Taylor caring about my wellbeing.

"CJ? W-what....how....."

He stands and walks over to where we are, Namjoon backing away with a confused look on his face. He obviously doesn't know how Jimin and I know each other but he lets it be, going over to stand next to the five other guys who look equally as confused.

His hands are soft and gentle as he takes my face in his hands, my eyes locked onto his face as he inspects my injuries. His thumb accidentally brushes over my busted lip and I hiss in slight pain, his hands leaving my face as he takes a couple of steps back.

"Who did this?" he asks so quietly that I don't actually hear what he said.

"W-what, Jimin?" I ask cautiously, aware of the fact that his shoulders have started shaking from how hard he is clenching his fists at his sides.

"I said who fucking did this to you?" he all but yells, making me jump slightly in my spot. He looks ready to kill someone, the look in his eyes not something that I have seen from him before.

It's strange though. The fact that he looks so upset about this stirs something in me that I have never felt before. No, nothing in a sexual way. Just the way that he looks ready to beat someone's head in for compensation makes me feel as if someone actually cares about me. It makes me feel safe and protected knowing that someone would do anything in order to make sure I was kept out of harms way.

"Jimin, I'm fine" I whisper gently, walking up to him and placing my hand on the side of his face. I can feel how tense his jaw is from him clenching it, his eyes still hard as he looks into my soft ones.

He slowly relaxes as I continue to look at him and reassure him that I am ok, the muscles in his face going back to normal as his head leans into my touch.

"Fine, I'll drop it for now. Lets get you cleaned up."

A squeal of shock leaves my lips as he lifts me up and starts carrying me up the stairs, his muscular arm behind my legs as the other holds me at my lower back. My arms instinctively wrap around his shoulders as I stare wide-eyed at the boys still sitting in silence in the living room, their expressions mirroring mine.

"Why are you-"

"You're hurt, so I'm carrying you."

"Can you-"

"No, I will not put you down."

"But I'm-"

"You're not fucking heavy, now stop talking and let me take care of you CJ."

I'm at a loss for words, wondering how in the hell he managed to guess all three of my questions correctly as well as answer them. I let it go, falling silent as I simply let him walk me up the stairs and into his room. The bed dips a little under my weight as he puts me down in order to get the things needed to fix me up, him turning the lights on when he comes back into the room.

I don't speak and neither does he, his eyes focused as he wipes off the blood from my knee and starts disinfecting it. I can't seem to look away from him as he works, the artificial light hitting his face in just the right way to make it impossible for me to think of anything other than the fact that he is absolutely gorgeous.

His jaw is still slightly clenched as he starts on my face, him obviously trying to hold his anger in while he is cleaning me up. I still find it strange how we aren't dating and yet he is still so possessive and protective over me. I like it though. I like how he is acting, his thoughts on taking care of me as well as getting back at who did this. I won't tell him who did it though since I'm pretty sure he would kill Nate if he knew it was him.

"Thanks" I whisper quietly, looking into his eyes when he finishes. He smiles slightly and rests his forehead against mine, my eyes closing as we just sit there in a comfortable silence.