hjs ♡ .07

i tried to talk to minho multiple times throughout the day, but he just ignored me. even detention was boring. he didn't even look at me. was i really that disgusting? that he couldn't even look at me?

i texted felix throughout the day, hoping that he could brighten my mood, but he just talked a lot about how him and changbin had a conversation about cheetos today. i sighed, wandering  towards the library. there was no other place to go really. i didn't wanna see seungmin, nor felix. chan was probably busy anyway and changbin, i definitely didn't want to see him.

i never really went to the library, but there's a first for everything. i walked in, taking the new atmosphere in. it was really quiet first off. maybe cracking open a book would help me feel better?

i walked through the aisles, scanning the different books. i felt over the binds with my fingers, pulling on a book i had never seen before. it was a classic american book, translated to korean.

i heard a voice on my left side.

"catcher in the rye? that's a good one. you know, if you like mental illness and prostitution." he said, a soft chuckle following. i turned to see who it was and was pleasantly surprised.

"oh, hwang hyunjin?"

the taller boy nodded, smiling. "in the flesh."

i just nodded. he was really popular. smart and athletic. president of multiple clubs. wasn't he scared of ruining his reputation by just standing next to me?

he stepped closer, his chest brushing up against my shoulder. "can i see that?" he asked, already placing his hand on the book. i let him take it.

"come." he said, pulling on my arm. others watched us, but hyunjin didn't seem to care so i didn't either.

we sat at some lounge chairs seated by the windows.

"okay, so let me tell you all about this book." he said, pushing up the glasses he wore. i never really looked at hyunjin, but he dressed well. i could see why everyone thought he was such a heartthrob. not exactly my type though.

"okay, so it's all about self discovery. and innocence. and loneliness." he started.

"loneliness?"

"loneliness." he said, "the main character, holden, he's always coming across people that let him down. and he always feels so lonely. all he ever wants is just someone to talk to. it's pretty sad. i'd hate to live a life like that."

i chuckled softly. "yeah, me too." i responded, smiling weakly.

hyunjin put the book down, sliding it back over to me. "it's a great book. i think you'd love it. again, if you're into mental illness and prostitution and all that." he giggled.

i smiled at him.

"i never see you in here, is there a reason you walked in today? are you looking for something?" he asked.

"answers." i said without thinking.

hyunjin cocked his head and raised an eyebrow. "to what?"

i shook my head. "nothing, never mind."

"nope, now you have to tell me." he insisted.

i sighed. "well, i have this crush on someone."

hyunjin chirped up and smiled. "oh, is this about your crush on minho hyung?"

i rubbed my forehead. "is it really that obvious?"

hyunjin nodded at me, but he continued to listen genuinely caring about what i had on my mind.

"well, he hates me. and i did something dumb and now he's avoiding me and i just always ruin things. it's no wonder it always happens."

"what always happens?"

"people leaving." i sighed. hyunjin bit his bottom lip and looked towards the floor at his sneakers. he ran his fingers though his hair, thinking of what he could say to that.

"well, i don't think it's a matter of what happens. it's more a matter of who happens. people... they're not always going to be reliable. and people will leave you. it's kinda like a guessing game of who's gonna be there for you and who isn't you know?" he chuckled softly. "i just think it all depends on who you're dealing with. personally, i wouldn't get too down. minho hyung isn't a bad person. and if he hurt you, he didn't mean to intentionally. knowing him, he wouldn't ignore you forever. minho, has a very fragile heart. and he'd feel too guilty to block you out completely. he never really gets over people that quickly," hyunjin looked up and then smiled gently. "so don't stop trying with him, okay?"

i smiled.

hyunjin was a nice person. he took his phone from his pocket, checking the time. "ah, well i have a dance practice to get to. i'll see you in math, han."

"see you." i responded, watching as he grabbed his things and waved goodbye.

i took the book and opened to the first page, ready to start reading. a few seconds later, i closed the book and placed it on the table.

"yeah, fuck this. i don't read."

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

bxnxndndn i forgot to update yesterday dhkxn sorry,, ily guys !!! ❤️🤧 -mina