Chapter 37 - Memories

Elena's POV

"Shannon please don't do this..." I harshly whisper to her, while I'm being forced into a blacked out car. I can't stop my lips from trembling or the worry that's laced with my words. Shannon softly smiles, looking like she actually gives a damn.

"I'm sorry Elena." She sighs, shutting the door to the back seat. I feel a freezing tear slide down my terrified cheek.

All I can do at this point is wait. Wait to see what the out come will be. Will I be happy? Miserable? Will I ever see Harry again? Will he find someone new? All this thinking distracts me and when I come back to reality Zayn is seated next to me, staring into my eyes.

"Elena." He breathes roll out my name. It rakes shivers down my spine.

The tears keep flowing as I gasp for air in my lungs, when he reaches over and strokes the tears away.

"Hush baby doll. You were bought for large sums of money." He snickers, pinching my cheeks. I turn away feeling the pain he inflicted.

"He'll kill you." I threaten, glaring out the tinted window. I can hear a chuckle coming from behind of me. A laugh so condescending and wicked it makes my stomach flip upside down. The vibe this dark stranger is giving me, is making it hard to feel even safe.

"Harry can't touch me." He throws his head back in laughter when I look over my shoulder.

I raise a curious brow. "How do you know Harry..?" My curiosity always gets the best of me.

Zayn holds up his finger. "No the real question is why did the Prince insist I buy you?"

Air. Where is the oxygen in my lungs? My mind starts to spin and I can't see the seat in front of me. It's all a blur as my mind processes the information.

Why on earth would Niall ever do this to me. I thought we were friends? Or at least on good terms. If my father betrayed me and filed a charge, why would the Prince even know about it... Unless.

"You look like you're going to pass out." Zayn looks at me with care in his hazel eyes.

"Yea what's new." I shrug, wiping away the tears. My life is an endless battle. When things finally calm down another wave comes crashing in, washing all the good away.

I wonder how long this challenge will last.

Harry's POV

"Are you sure you want to do this...?" Katie asks with worry in her brown eyes. I sigh leaning my head against the steering wheel. Of course I didn't want to sunk to this level, but it's the only way. They won't even let me into the Trisumber to see her.

"I'm sure." I say opening my car door. I walk up the long extravagant walkway. The doorman nods to me, as he pushes the large doors open.

I thank him and suck in a deep breath before entering. Katie of course starts talking to the doorman, who looks maybe a few years older than me. When I glance back over my shoulder, Katie's twirling her hair, while the fucking idiot checks her up and down. I make a mental note to punch him in the teeth for gawking at my sister like that. But that can wait.

"Sir Harold." Romeo greets me, surprise written across his face. The older man holds a tray of iced tea in his palm.

"Hey Rom." I sigh, glancing around. The Palace still looks the same, but feels so different than it did just a short 12 months ago.

"Can I help you with something?" The man kindly asks. I nod, letting out a shaky breath.

"I need to speak to Lions..." I never thought those words would come from my mouth again, and from the look the butler is giving me neither did he.

"The Princess is having a meeting with her doctor." He informs me and instantly I'm consumed by worry for her health.

"What why? Is she okay? Is the baby?" I may be in love with Elena but Lions will.. Lions will always be someone I care about.

I hear clicking of heels behind me. I spin swiftly on my heels. She stands perfectly, her long brown hair flowing down by her arms. "We're both fine." A smile cascades across her lips, as she places a hand on her stomach.

I can't help the happiness I feel seeing her smile. I walk over to her, engulfing her in my arms. I bury my head in her neck, getting lost in last summer memories.

"It's amazing to see you Harry." She whispers.

"Lions-"

"And what the hell do you think you're doing?" Lions and I both pull away. Niall stands in the middle of the room, looking like he will kill me.

--

( I'm so awful at updating and I can't apologize enough :(. Please forgive me! But here's an update ;) anyway I have a new story that I sorta wanna play around with and see where it goes. It's called stay with me. So please go check that out and tell me what you think! Have a great night or day everyone xoxo )