Chapter 39- The Escape Route

Elena's POV

I finally have the small piece of glass pried into the frame and the window. Carefully I begin to put pressure on the window pain, praying it will lift. Then I'll swim, I won't think, I'll just swim, forever. Far far away.

I am a fighter, a survivor. I will be damned if the Prince or Zayn complete the most horrifc crime against humanity.

My mind will not stop flashing back to those eyes. Why hasn't he shown up yet? He was my hero, but now it seems as if Harry as also given up.. He gave up on me, on us, on our future. I know I must sound crazy, I've done nothing but push Harry away.

I mentally scold myself. He's perfect for me, he's not to be grouped together with the evil male spectrum. He's Harry, He's kind, compassionate. He is the one I want to start a family with, he's the only one...

My blood runs cold remembering Zayn's harsh, unrealistic request. The thought of him taking what is rightfully Harry's, lights a fire inside, and I work quicker than before trying to escape my destiny.

I found the small piece of glass under a lose floor board. I was thrilled when I found it. It gave me hope, made me believe there was away out. But to my dispare the sharp glass busts into a million pieces, when a firm knock on my door rattles my body.

I quickly throw myself under the grey wool sheet. The door creaks open, Zayn glares down at me. "Get up we have visitors."

I sigh loudly, commanding myself to move. I cautiously walk down the long cooridor. The rich red carpet tickles my bare feet.

My face flushes red, and I let out a desperate gasp. To my surprise the Prince and Lions stand to greet me. The Prince nods nonchanlantely as if he never ruined my life. The Princess however gives me a small smypathic smile. How could she be having a child with such a cruel man.

Niall claps his hands together, the entire room booms. "Well Zayn join me for a walk. We have business to dicuss. Ladies talk about babies, or cooking I don't care." He snickers, leaving me alone with Harry's first love.

Silence fills the room. If only she knew, if only she could help me.

"Elena..." Lions begins, but cuts it short. She lets out a long sign, turning to face the beautiful ocean. "Harry is trying to find away." Her voice is quiet, but it's all it take to give me hope.

I can feel the color coming back to my cheeks. "Zayn is forcing me to have his baby." Lions snaps around concern written all over her youthful face.

"He's What?!" She shierks. "That's not right. That's it. Follow me." She demands, holding her back, trying to stand from the couch. I reach out my hand haulling her up. She places her hand on her large stomach, rubbing in circles.

"Sorry, the baby's kicking. C'mon now." She whisper. Lions takes my hand leading me through the kitchen, out the door, and down to the cellar. "I shouldn't be doing this." She shakes her head, "but Harry is in love with you, and I refuse to let Niall and Zayn ruin another innocent girl. There is a tunnel system leading to every building in the city. Harry will be down there. Find him. Run away with him. Give him a family." A single tear falls from her deep brown eyes. "I couldn't be what he needed but you are. Go!" She nudges me into the pitch black, rock built tunnel.

My heartbeat quickens, and my palms become clamy. I smile soflty at Lions, mentally thanking her. Then I run, as fast as my legs will take me.

Harry's POV

"That's not good enough!" I shout. Everyone in the room awkwardly shifts in the distilled comfort. "There has to be another way. Anyway to get her out of that house." I begin to pace back and forth.

"And what is the plan when you do take her? Where are you going to run Harry?" Jack presses, he believes I should give in to Niall, let him destory the innocent love of my life. Not a chance.

I tug at my hair, frustration takes over my entire body. "I don't know. I don't care. I only care about making sure she is safe."

The silence is lifted when Katie pushes open the large doors. "Harry. Come quick." Her voice is desperate, and I'm instantly worried. I storm out after her. Jack follows hot on my heels. Katie leads us into Desmond's office. She locks the door behind Jack.

"Elena is in the tunnels."

"What?!" My voice is high, and panicked.

Katie holds her hand against my mouth. "Stop, Lions let her go, you have to go find her!"

I lean my head against the stone fireplace. "Do you know how confusing the tunnels are? There's a reason no one uses them!"

Katie rolls her eyes, "there's also a reason why Lions sent Elena through the tunnels. Fucking get going Harry." Katie pushes me, pulling the lever to which opens a stair case in the stone firplace.

"Wait!" Jack places a hand on my shoulder. "Once you find her, head to the commons. I'll have a car ready."

I nod, giving them one last stare, and heading into the unknown.

A/N: Hello my beautiful readers, Quick little note.

This story will soon be coming to an end, what an amazing time I had writting this story. Please dont forget to vote, and let me know what you think. This story never would've continued if it wasn't for you guys motivating me! Thank you so much!!