Chapter 3- Reality

Elena's POV

"What do you mean, this isn't the first time we met?" There's no denying the nervousness of my voice, or how my hands are trembling. I've never seen this woman before in my entire life, how could of we've met before? This place just got a million times more perplex.

Shannon laughs, shaking her head and her blonde locks flow with her. "Elena don't worry, everything's okay." She vaguely answers.

"That's not what I asked.. How did we meet?" I say, my tone fills with annoyance. Shannon's smile fades, and is replaced with a scowl. I begin to wish I never said that.

"You need to stop asking questions." She states, spinning on her 6" heels, and walking out of the door. I throw my head back, glaring up at the ceiling. The Trisumber was everything I ever imagined it to be; Horrible.

It hasn't even been a full 12 hours, and I already miss my father and sister. I just want to go back to the village, and take care of my family. I don't want to be made over, or put on display. I'm not cut out for this, some people wish to go to the cages, but not me. I'm not like my friends, and wish to be wed to a wealthy man, I much rather stay single for the rest of my pitiful life.

I feel burning salty tears, run down my freezing cheeks. How was I ever going to survive this?

The door on the far right opens minutes later, and in walks at least six people, hands filled with everything I need to be made over. They all crowd around me, and when Shannon walks in, they all bow down to her. Another thing to add to the list of things I don't understand.

"Alright, let's get you made over." She claps her hands together, and helps me sit up. "Beauties get to work." She grins, and the team starts attacking me with makeup, hair brushes and clothes.

I gasp for air, throughout the entire process. It feels as if my hair is going to be ripped out of my scalp, and my cheeks are so heavy from the thousands pounds of makeup caked on my face. Shannon is sitting just outside of the group, watching everything. While they start styling my hair, I try to think as hard as I can. We're have I met her? Definitely not the village, I highly doubt someone like her would be caught in a village.

"Shannon we're finished." One of the ladies says, and relief washes over me. Thank The Lord.

Shannon stands up from her chair, the group of people stagger away from me, letting Shannon get a closer look. She bites down on her lips, then walks a full circle around me. I feel uncomfortable having everyone's eyes on me. I feel the need to flinch away, but I know I have to get use to all the attention.

Shannon comes back into my view and eventually stops in front of me. She folds her arms into her broad chest, still biting down on her plump red lips.

"What?" I ask nervously. Shannon doesn't answer, instead she turns and heads for the door.

"You look just like your mother Elena." She says, before walking out of the door. My mouth drops open. Shannon knew my mother?

My mother Robin passed away when I was seven, she was everything a mother should be loving, compassionate, caring, and sometimes strict. She always vowed to protect me and Rosalyn from the harsh elements of the city, but she failed to do so when she died.

She was very sick, although we couldn't do anything about it, she still refused to admit it. She was truly a fighter, and fought until her last breath. I miss her everyday, but yet how did Shannon know my mother?

My thoughts were cut short, when I over hear two of the beauties talking. "She will go quickly, she's one of the prettiest." A older lady said to male. Were they talking about me?