Chapter 18- Help You

Chapter 18 already? Wow this is amazing

--

I stand in the far right of a large sunlit room. The bed is placed in the middle, with white everything. Actually this entire room is white, like purity. I steadily breathe out, glaring at this image in a full length mirror.

Ann requested I wore a white sundress, it flows perfectly off of my body. The tips of my long brown hair is curled, and shinny. That shower did me well.

I smooth out the dress with the palms of my hands, mentally preparing myself for tonight. Many of the most privileged and high class business men are going to be seated at the large dining table, for only one reason: me.

Ann informs me Harry's new fiancé is big news around Demisewood Creak. Before Harry the only people who ever heard of me, were a few people from the village. Now the entire city knows of "Harry's new fiancé"

Just as I turn around, there's a firm knock on my door. I suck in a steady breath, before opening the door, to see Harry. He smiles slyly down at me.

"Just making sure you're okay." He says quietly, lowering his head. Why is he so concerned when it comes to me. It's not like he actually cares, he doesn't know anything about me.

I look away, "I'm fine."

Harry shifts in the doorway, silence falling between us. I wish someday I would be able to open up to him. That I would be able to love him. But he took me from everything. He took my world and shattered it.

I could never love someone who is forcing me into marriage.

"Elena.." Harry starts but I hold up my hand stopping him.

A sympathetic expression crosses my face. "Please let's not."

"Let's not what? Talk to each other?" Harry snaps, defensively. I take a step back, scoffing.

"If you can't tell, I'm not really up for talking, or even looking at you. I don't want this." I spit, watching as the hurt floods through Harry. Guilt takes over my emotions, knowing I cut into him.

His green eyes look into mine, I can see flashes of his life, and another piece of guilt washes through me.

"I could of left you in there to rot. Sorry for helping you out." His voice starts to incline.

My mouth drops open and I can't help but to laugh. "Helping me out? You brought me into a house, with a revenge seeker on my father. You completely ruined my life." I yell, waving my hands in the space between us.

Harry's expression turns dark and cold, raking shivers throughout my small body. The same expression I've seen in Desmond's eyes.

"I could be worse sweetheart." He growls, slamming his fist against the doorframe, then walking away. Leaving me with a pit of bottomless emotions, and dewellings.

--

I'm seated next to Harry and Katie. I focus my sight at the wine glass in front of me however. Harry hasn't spoken to even looked at me once, in the twenty minutes we've been seated.

The guest are still pouring in, the large table is already half full of men in suits, and ladies in dresses. I don't fit in here at all. I look and feel so out of place. Like a daisy in a patch of roses.

I glare to my right, Katie happily stands to her feet, when a tall man who's smirking, walks over to her. He wraps his large arms around her waist, lifting her off of her feet. She giggles hugging him tightly.

The man is in a pair of blue jeans, and a black sports jacket. Almost wearing the same thing as Harry. The stranger has a dark, yet handsome look to him, and Katie seems to be loving it.

Katie turns to me, gaining my full attention. "Jack this is Elena." She smiles down at me, nodding towards him.

I put my best fake smile on, raising and shaking Jack's large hand. "So you're the one who won Styles' heart huh?" He jokes. I shift awkwardly, when Harry coughs, before downing the rest of his wine.

Rolling my eyes, I sit back in my chair, casually sipping on the white wine. I've never been a big drinker, but apparently drinking in the city is big.

"Jack is Desmond's new intern. " Katie leans over and whispers to me. I nod my head, as she continues. "And it just so happens father will never go against what Jack wants. Therefore he is the ticket in getting out of this."

My eyes widen, I stare at Katie. I'm suppose to put the fate of my family in some hot intern's hands? Yeah totally simple.

Katie laughs, slapping my arm playfully. "Don't worry Jack hates my father. He'll help us."

I let out a shaky breath, and nodding my head again. "You better be right." I quietly sigh.

I glare over at Harry, who is on is third glass of wine. I still feel guilty about our fight early today. I shouldn't of blamed everything on him, but who knew he could be so harsh. Why am I even giving this fight a second thought? I don't want him to talk to me.. Right?

The chatter in the room settles when Desmond walks in, wearing a sleek full black tux. Everyone watches as he stand at the end of the table. He raises a wine glass full of champagne. "To Harry and his fiancé." Was all he said, and others did the same thing.

I hear a slight scoff over from Harry's lips, before it's replaced with a fake smile. I shake off the emotions I feel towards his indeffernce, and raise my glass to my lips, feeling the burning sensation.

Desmond takes he's seat two chairs from me, and starts talking with a middle aged man to his right. I glare down the table, where Ann is talking to the other wives. Everyone is invested in something, while I'm here praying this night will go by quickly.

Katie nudges me when the room is quiet. I glare up, receiving a wink. "Jack." Katie says across the table, making sure Desmond is hearing.

Jack's blue eyes lock with mine, before he realizes Katie said his name. "Hmm?" He replies swallowing the food in his mouth.

"Elena here hasn't seen Long Cove yet." I question her statment, but I remember I'm suppose to follow her lead.

Jack raises an eyebrow at me. "Really? It's gorgeous." He smiles.

I watch Katie roll her eyes. "Maybe Harry, I, Elena and you can all take a trip up tomorrow?" She nudges him further. As Jack goes to open his mouth Desmond steps in.

"Actually Elena and I have plans tomorrow." He grinds his teeth together, narrowing his sights at me.

But to my surprise Harry says, "I'm sure you can reschedule. Jack's only in town for awhile." Harry smirks at Desmond.

"Yes, I wouldn't mind taking another trip to Long Cove. Plus it will give me time with my two favourite people." He looks towards Katie. Her cheeks flush.

Desmond sets his fork and knife down, never looking away from my stare. "Of course. Have fun."

"We will." Katie smirks, and the heavy weight on my chest lifts off, and for once I feel free.

"Thank you." I whisper to Harry, feeling like I owed it to him.

He leans closer to me, his hot breath tickling my neck. "Did I finally help you?" He snarls, leaning away, and downing yet another glass of wine.

(A/n god I'm horrible, I swear my internet was being fuckity so I'm sorry it took me so long to update! And tomorrow is gonna be a busy day considering I'm leaving Europe, so idk when I'll update again, but it will be soon I promise :) xx)