Chapter 11- Defeated

Elena's POV

My legs race down the long corridor. The exit sign becomes closer and more clearer the faster my legs carry me. I can see the bright sunlight through the cracks of the door. With my heartbeat pumping fast I make one last kick for freedom.

My body collides with the steel door, and I put all of my strength into opening it. I can hear loud footsteps coming my way, and I can hear Shannon shouting for me, but my one focus is opening this door.

Finally the large steel door creaks loudly and starts to budge. I glare over my should, Arnold and Philip are heading right towards me, but I finally have the door open enough to slip out.

Instantly the bright sunlight beams on my cheeks, as I run. The lightness hurts my eyes, but I refuse to ever turn or look back. Just keep running and everything will be fine.

The Trisumber is large, and taking forever to get away from. I find myself now in the parking garage, looking for an open car to sneak into.

I start trying to open all the driver doors, but all are locked. I curse to myself, moving on to a next set, before the nobles all come after me. I have about 30 seconds to execute this plan, even if it wasn't a well thought out plan. This was my only hope of escaping.

Pushing away from the Civic, I see a black Audi, I spirit towards it, praying it will be open. Pulling on the drivers side door, it flings open, and I climb inside. Breathing heavily I lay my head against the steering wheel, trying to catch some breath.

Suddenly I scream due to a groan. Jumping in surprise my body flinches when someone is in the passengers side.

"Hi.." He says.

Harry's POV

"I found a girl." I shout to my father and his friends. My father spins on his heels. He glares at me, and the smirk on my lips.

Spinning the liquor around in his glass, he holds it out to me. "Shall we celebrate?"

I push the glass back refusing. If we don't hurry, Louis could get to her first, and I was not going to let that happen.

"No we must go fill out the papers." I push, while my father finishes off his expensive Bourbon.

One of my fathers employees- James, places a hand on my fathers shoulder. "Desmond you finally will get that loan we were talking about." James smirks. I cock my head narrowing my sight at my father. Loan?

He shakes James's hand off of his shoulder, placing his glass on the bar. "Yes, I will." He smiles wickedly, never looking away from my questioning stare.

"Loan?" I speak up, hearing whispers throughout the crowd.

"It's not important." My father's loud voice overpowers mine. He's always overpowering me. I never get a chance to speak my mind, or have any freedoms. I'm just a subject to him, and heir to his company. I'm not his son, I'm his employee.

Feeling anger build up in the pit of my stomach, I finally break. "What fucking loan." I yell, and the room falls silent. My father glares at me, his stare becoming dark and haunting. The room is ghostly quiet, the only sound is my fathers shoes coming towards me. I stand my ground through, clenching my fist at the sides of my body, my nostrils flaring and the anger is rolling out of me.

"Now isn't the time Harry." His tone is low, and he speaks down to me. I push him back, letting us have some space.

I pick up a bottle of whiskey, and pop the top off of it. Everyone watches as I gulp down the liquor. "When is the time Desmond?" I yell, and once again the room is silent.

My father abruptly takes the bottle from my hand. He glares at me with dark eyes, and for once in my life I'm actually scared to see this outcome. "It's time to leave." He whispers harshly.

My mouth hangs open, "but I found a lady." I sound like I'm five. What was becoming of me?

"Look at you, she's not going to want a scumbag. She expects a classy man, with money." My father cuts into my already broken soul. I push back my emotions, but they try to fight against me.

"I guess I'm just following in your footsteps." I spit, storming out of the Trisumber. She would be better with Louis anyways, he would give her everything, he would treat her like a princess. Besides my father wouldn't approve of her, he would make her life hell, just like everyone else's.

Feeling defeated, I walk back to the Audi. I unlock the doors, and throw myself into the passenger-side, nothing ever works out for me. I'm always left in the dust because of him. He single handily ruined my entire life. My childhood, my teenage years, and now. He is the reason why I'm so fucked up.

I rub my eyes by throwing my hands over my face. I inhale a sharp breath, letting the air cool down my body.

I groan when I hear the car door open, but my eyes widen when I realize that isn't my father.

She lets out a rippling scream, her big brown eyes widen.

"Hi..." I whisper, happily confused.

(Sunday is funday, lol no. I have school in the morning :( anyways I hope everyone likes the chapter and the story so far! I love reading the comments, they make me smile, so please continue to do that! And I'm so happy how many people are reading, so just keep it up! Thank you guys :) ohh and I'm leaving next Tuesday for Paris, and I won't be back until may 1 so idk when I'll be able to update those two weeks but I'll try my hardest!!)