Chapter 30- Lies

Elena's POV.

Harry falls back onto the leather couch in the recroom. I stand awkwardly still picking at my hangnail. The entire ride home, not once did Harry speak or even look at me. I know this news of the princess is killing him, and I can't figure out why but it's just as hard on me as well, for all the wrong reasons though.

The silence in the room is pressured along with our still lifeless breathing. I place my clutch on the coffee table that Harry has his feet propped up on. I take a seat in the chair across the room. I feel Harry's eyes glance up every once in awhile but nothing is ever said.

I sigh out loud, hopefully sending a hint to Harry. But when we still sit in utter silence I begin this undesired conversation. "Are you okay?"

"Yes." He mumbles, pulling out his phone. His fingers tap against the screen and I'm left without a true answer.

"Harry.. We can talk about it." I offer, drawing his attention from the small phone screen. Harry shrugs, brushing his curls out of his eyes.

"There's nothing really to talk about. Her and the Prince are happy and she's having a child." His tone is harsh, but not in the way that's aimed to me.

A frown cascades over my lips, and I rest my elbows on my knees, leaning forward. "Harry.."

"No Elena I'm fine." He snaps cutting me off. I squeeze my eyes tightly shut, waiting until his berthing slows.

"Don't take this out on me." I whisper, hearing Harry let out a exasperated breath. His eyes glance up from his phone and I watch clouds flood over the greenness in his eyes.

This conversation could go either way at this point. I want him to know I'm here for him, and that he can open up to me. But it seems like every time one of us tries the other pulls away. It's an endless battle of love and hate.

"I'm sorry." He says, looking into my eyes. "I'm just... I don't know." I nod, I know exactly how he's feeling.

"Could.. Like could it be yours?" I finally ask the question everyone was thinking. I bet Harry was too. If it is his how would this affect us? How would this affect Harry?

Harry shakes his head, narrowing his sights. "No. It would be impossible. We were together for more than nine months ago." The worry revolving around my head floats away. I can breath fully now, but Harry still has that lost puppy expression.

"And you're still not over the Princess are you." I slowly spit out. I bite down hard on my lip when Harry shakes his head.

My heart feels like someone his trying to stab it right through the middle but they keep missing and end up stabbing the sides over and over and over again.

"Then why were you always pushing me into marriage?" My voice is increasingly getting louder and more stern. I know I should be sensitive to Harry right now, but the a mount of hurt and confusion is to much to bare. He for the longest time has always been saying how much he wants me. Am I just a rebound..

When Harry doesn't answer my frustration kicks in. "Why Harry?"

He sighs running his fingers through his hair again. "Harry." I yell, swallowing the lump brewing in my throat.

"Because Desmond needed a fucking heir." He shouts standing to his feet.

And the truth is out, out in the air repeatedly playing over and over again. Reminding me how I actually feel something for someone who just revealed they only wanted me because of their father. The more we sit in silence the more my heart shatters again.

"So that's it huh? All the constant "Elena I just want you. Elena let me in." All of that was a lie?" I choke out, cupping my mouth as it begins to tremble.

Harry slams his fist against the coffee table. "Damn it Elena no. It's just."

"It's just what Harry? The Prince was right Desmond was demanding an heir and you completely lied to me. You lied to me from the first day we met. You didn't want to save me. No you saw a desperate girl who you though would instantly sleep with you." At this point tears are streaming down my cheeks, and my eyelids are puffy.

I actually felt something for him. I was fully prepared to let him in, and to marry him. I was going to give him my all. But it's true you think you know someone, but you never really do.

Harry stands this his feet and slowly walks over to me. I back away, hitting the wall. "Elena please let me explain." His raspy voice echoes in the room. I shake my head rapidly back and forth, wiping away the fresh tears.

"I trusted you." I cry closing my eyes trying to block the tears.

Harry now stands in front of me, his body pinning me to the wall. "Shh." He whispers wiping away tears. I shutter against his touch, his expression hardens at my response. "I never meant to hurt you. That's why I kept it from you." He says, but I can't hear his logic behind all of this.

What would of happened when I did give him an heir. Would we end up like Desmond and Ann?

"You did hurt me." I cry again, stifling, and pushing out of Harry's grip.

"Baby." I instantly interrupt him hold in my hand up to his lips.

"Please don't call me that. I was never your baby."

Harry leans his head against my forehead, I dodge it however, and he groans.

"It may of started out as a lie. But I do care about you." His eyes look into mine and I break all over again. The tears still slid down my cheeks, and I stifle every five seconds.

I shake my head slowly, glancing down at the carpet. "You're not the person I thought you were." I push at his chest and he takes a step away. I spirit out of the rec. room and up the basement steps.

I run as fast as I can, trying to get to my room before anyone sees me. Unfortunately that doesn't happen when I hit something hard. I land with a thud on my bum.

"Ouch." I mumble glancing up. My eyes widen when Desmond glares down at me.

"What's wrong cagey?" He snickers. I quickly wipe away the tears, pushing myself off the floor.

"You. Good luck getting an heir now." I spit. I start to walk away when Desmond's hand grabs onto my arm a little to tightly.

The pain sears through my arm the harder he squeezes. "Excuse me?" He growls never giving up on his hold.

I swallow hard, "I know the truth." Desmond's lips tug up into a wicked smile.

"Good. Then I have plans for you."

I roll my eyes, struggling to get out of his hands. "I'm not giving you a child." I snap, but Desmond shakes his head.

"No. It involves your daddy." He narrows his eyes grinning as he does so. My breathing hitches, when he points to the wall. My eyes dance over to the painting.

The painting fills the wall, and on the painting is a lighthouse. The same lighthouse I seen with Katie, Jack and Harry...

--

(A/N... How was the chapter? Good? bad? Unexpected? Also I wanted to comment on my last authors note and some of your reactions to the girls... I just want to put out there that they are normal girls, just like us with feelings. You don't know their story or what they go through so how can you judge? We should all be supportive of the boys and if they are happy (which they are) then we should be too. OKAY little rant over. I hope you all have a very wonderful, sunny, awesome, kickass weekend! #turnup and please vote and comment and again thank you all over constantly reading, commenting and voting.)

PS.

Someone people asked me about the cast. So here are the people I see the characters as, but you can basically see them as whoever you want :)

Elena - Adelaide Kane
One direction - themselves obviously
Desmond - Leonardo DiCaprio
Jolene - Candice Accola
Renee - Troian Bellisario
Hollis - Claire Holt
Shannon - Kristin Bell
Princess Lions - Selena Gomez aka my queen ;)