Chapter 22- Broken

Harry's POV

The staff rush all throughout the halls. They carry plates, blankets, wine, glasses, and other miscellaneous objects. I continue on my path to the grand room. Katie called me saying it would be best if I hurried from one end of the house to the other. Confused I didn't oblige.

As I rounded the corner I was stopped by my wondering eye. She stood flawlessly on the otherwise of the room, chatting with one of her servers. Probably telling them not to worry about her, but I knew Elena loved having them prepare her meals, and warm her tub.

Her long perfectly curled hair, flows along her back. It lays over top yet another yellow sundress. Doesn't she ever get tired of them? I know I must look like a pompous fool, drooling over her, but to this day I'm still captivated by every possible thing that girl does.

I'm left embarrassed, when her dark brown eyes gaze over to me. She immediately stops talking, and I can almost see a smile trying to push it's way through her hard exterior. Elena doesn't look for long before she dismisses her server, and starts towards me.

My eyes scan up and down her curves when she sways back and forth with every step. "So this is the holidays in the city?" She giggles, and I'm chuckling along with her.

"Basically. Just wait until tonight, that's when the real party starts." I can't help but to admire her nod, that blends into a warm grin.

"And don't forget you promised to take me to the fireworks." She smirks, nudging me with her elbow.

"Did I? No I thought I invited Penny to that." I joke, earning a soft glare from her. "Kidding." I wink.

"Yea yea, anyways your mother and I are going into the village today." I watch as she swallows hard, but never a shows her sorrow.

I raise a brow at her. Why on earth would she be going into the village, and with my mother? "What?"

Elena shifts on her feet, while shrugging. "The farmers market is today, and Ann thought it would be fun to go."

"Are you uh." I reach my hand up, rubbing the back of my neck. "Are you going to see your family?" I hate asking the one question that hurts her, but I have to know. I have to know if she's going to throw away all of our progress to go back to them. Even though my father wouldn't let her, I know this girl and she would try.

Her once bright face clouds over. Shit. "No. Well I mean, I don't think." She looks down at the floor picking at her finger nail, that's painted a light shade if pink.

The air between us is still and silent. I want to comfort her, I know she won't let me though. It's so frustrating wanting someone so badly, but they just couldn't careless. I don't even understand how my feelings came about for her. Maybe it was the way she would always push me away, or the way her eyes batted. Either way this woman has gotten under my skin.

"I better go." She says, before walking down the corridor.

I stand in the same spot until she rounds the corner, and her sight is gone. Sighing I continue on to the grand room. What was so important that Katie needed me in here? Why wouldn't she just come to my room?

When I approach the door, the two men on each side, nod to me, before they pull open the 15ft doors. "Thanks boys." I roll out the "s" trying my hardest to sound gangster. It drives my father insane, which made me happy.

I stop dead in my tracks when I look up. Katie is sitting on the couch, Liam is sitting next to her, Liam's fiancé is siting next to Liam, and Louis is standing in the middle of the room eyes boring into mine.