Chapter 32- The Call

Elena's POV

My groggy eyes hazily open. They flutter shut, then open on repeat hearing voices. My body is laying flat against something familiar, and the voices that are a mere echo ring through my ears.

Finally my eyes stay open and I scan my surroundings. I'm in my living room, not one thing has changed. The chairs and couch are still in the same place with the god awful bear rug is laying on the floor in front of the couch; where I lay.

The voices I can sense are coming from our small kitchen. My head is spinning. With the events that has taken place today. The lighthouse and the story Harry told me, that was Desmond, my father and Desmond's brother. It makes clear sense why Desmond has a loaf for my father. He blames him for the disappearance of his younger brother.

When I sit up my eyes widen. Rose is carefully watching me from the chair on the other side of our small house. "Rose." I huff, holding my chest heavily breathing. She gives me a halfhearted smile, but fades quickly.

"Why is he here Elena?" She whispers, coming to sit next to me. I sigh placing my hand on her leg.

"It's a long story. But I promise I'll fix it." Rose nods, glancing away from my stare. No matter what happens I vow to keep her out of this. This is all my fault, if I wouldn't have tried to escape the auctions I wouldn't have ever met Harry. Nor would I ever met Desmond. I should of followed the rules, then maybe, just maybe I might have gotten the chance to marry a kind, loving man. Who's dark secrets don't cloud and cascade his every move.

I fucked up.

"They've been arguing, and that man threatened my life." Rose's voice is barely audible while the air leaves my lungs. Desmond will die if he touches her, I will make sure of it. The colour drains from my cheeks, I pull Rosalyn into my chest stoking her hair away from her eyes.

"Don't worry about Desmond. I promise I'll keep you safe." I kiss her forehead, leaning back into the couch. From the kitchen I can't make out what their saying anymore. So I steady my breathing and keep listening, but my fear is creeping in. Desmond is unpredictable and that is the worst fear of all.

"I'll be right back." I tell her, and slowly make my way to listen. I can hear Desmond's devilish chuckle the closer I come to the door.

"Please just keep her out of this Desmond." My father says, almost pleading. "Elena cannot be involved." He adds, and my heart sinks into my stomach. If only he knew I brought this problem to him.

Desmond's obnoxious self laughs and soon his men joins in. "Elena is how this all started. Well her and the fact you killed my brother." He yells, shaking my body along with his booming voice.

"I didn't kill Stephen. And you know that. It was your idea to go to the lighthouse." My father shoots back. This is all to much and I know Rose can hear every word. I have to put an end to this.

Thinking quickly I pull out my phone, and dial the first number I can think of. He'll know what to do. He's smart and he'll help me, I know he will.

Harry's POV

Fucking Christ. Why did I have to let that slip out. I promised myself if I actually fell for her I would forget that deal with my father. And guess what I went and fell for her. Her stupid stubborn self and the way her eyes lit up when she saw something beautiful.

But Lions. When Niall told me, fuck I freaked out. I freaked out and I realized if Lions would have met me first she would be having my baby. But then Elena came into the picture and I completely forgot about Lions, and the entire summer, until that fucking tea.