Chapter 16- Favor

Elena's POV

The droplets of piping hot liquid pelt down on my body, cleaning it of the dirt and grim from the rusty cages. My body soothes due to my muscles un-tensing. I run my fingers through my brown locks, letting every single strand get soaking wet.

Reaching down to the side of the shower, my hand grips the shampoo bottle. But my hands are shaky, and before I know it the bottle slips from my fingertips, landing on the top of my bare and pale foot.

I bite down on my bottom lip muffling my cries of pain, just in case Mr.Concern is listening outside of the bathroom. I keep my lip in between my teeth, while I bend down to pick up the now leaking bottle of shampoo. I curse unpleasant words in my mind, does anything ever work out for me?

After I finish washing the soapy bubbles out of my long and unruly hair, I just stand under the foist. The water clouds my vision, but it feels so good; so wonderful. The showers in the Trisumber were horrible, and dirty. You stood in a large room with ten other girls, and showered together. It was uncomfortable and torturous. Everything about the Trisumber is torturous.

Just as I get lost in my own thoughts the bathroom door creaks open. I jump in surprise and cover myself with the dark shower curtian. "It's just me sweetheart." Ann says. She places a navy blue sundress on the countertop. I'm so sick of wearing dresses.

"Thank you." My voice is quiet. Ann gives me an unreadable expression, with her lips pressed in a firm straight line.

"Very well. Let me know when you're ready." She tries to smile, but I see right through her forced emotion. The door latches and I find myself relaxed again, but left with a bitter feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I'm not sure how I feel about Ann. She's someone who I can connect with, but she's married to such a monster, and her son, well I'm not sure how I feel about him either. This entire situation has me on edge. I should open up to Ann, Katie, and Harry. But I can't, I can't get my head around the fact that this is now my family, and not my enemies.

They are no Desmond by all means, but they are connected to him. Hell Harry has his blood, I don't buy this sweet act. Everyone seems perfect on the outside, but what was Harry's inside like? Is he just as kind, or is that where his demons play?

The water down pouring down on me, has started to get colder. Sighing I shut off the foist and pull a towel around my dripping body. I take another towel, and ring my hair out, letting it fall on my bare and cold back.

I slip on underwear and a red lace bra. I scoff at the sexiness and the size of the cup;D. These people are really trying hard to get on my good side. The bra is a little to big, but thankfully under the dress you can't tell that my breast can't fill it out completely. Nevertheless it still feels good to be in clean clothes.

I suck in a deep breath before opening the bathroom door. I start to feel completely lost until I see Annette coming down the hall. I rush to meet her half way. Her eyes run up and down my now clean body.

"Elena." She sounds surprised. I raise an eyebrow, but decide against asking.

"Sorry to bother you, but um.." I trail off realizing I have no where to go. Annette gives me an annoyed glare. "Nevermind." I sigh in a small barely audible voice. Annette groans and hurries back to her path down the long corridor.

I begin to walk slowly down the corridor glancing at all of the family pictures hanging perfectly straight on the walls. In all of the pictures from early years no one is smiling. Everyone looks.. Almost like they're... Sad. I stop dead in my tracks at one of pictures. On the bottom on the frame it's reads -3020-

The family is in the garden, and surrounded by red roses. The sun is shining brightly and in the background I can see a little birds flying across the sky. But the people in the picture look heartbroken. Desmond though has his head high in the air, while Ann is standing next to him, with the most forced smile I've ever seen. Katie has her arms folded into her chest, with a pout taking over her expression. But what pains me the most is Harry. I carefully examine how he's expressionless besides his glossy, watery eyes. And in that moment I knew this man has a story to tell. What happened in 3020? What happened to Harry when he was just 6 years old?

He probably just dropped his ice cream. My subconscious rolls her eyes, but I know there's more to it. It's just something in the way he's eyes are. Like they are beg-

"Elena?" I jump, turning to see Harry looking down at me. His height towering down. I swallow hard, biting down on my bottom lip.

"I was just. I um." I stutter, my cheeks flush, and my temperature raises.

"Are you okay?" He asks, being concerned again. I mentally roll my eyes, but I actually just nod my head quickly.

Harry raises one of his eyebrows. I continue to bite down on my trembling lip, before Harry's expression turns bright.

"C'mon mums been looking for you." He takes me out of my misery and leads me down the corridor. I glance over my shoulder taking one quick last look at the portrait. I debate on asking Harry, but then I remember, what's the point of getting to know his deepest and darkest secrets when I will never reveal mine?

I don't want to know him.

When I turn my head back around I freeze. My blood runs cold, and my heartbeat quickens. His loud footsteps echo throughout the hallway, as he walks straight towards Harry and I.

He stops when he's three feet from us. I cower back, wanting to put more space between us.

"Ahh just the little lady I wanted to see. It seems though when I went looking for you in your cage, you weren't there." He grinds his teeth together, now glaring at his son. I feel Harry's hand place firmly on the small of my back. I feel the urge to flinch away, but in the moment having him close was the better option.

"She needed to get ready for the supper tonight.'' Harry snarls, narrowing his sights at his father. I swallow hard, my throat restricting the air. I'm not mentally prepared for world war four, right here right now.

Desmond smiles wickedly, my already cold blood freezes at his toothy evil grin. "Of course. But I needed her to do me a favor."

Harry's hand rubs a soft circle on my back. I shrug away from his touch, I'm not ready for this, or him. "What favor?" He asks, coughing before. I feel guilty, but he has to understand I'll never be fully his.

Desmond shifts, leaning against one of the walls. "She just needs to let her father know, who she'll be marrying." He's eyes lock with mine, and I begin to cry and scream, and die mentally. All a very clear image in my twist mind. But in reality I stand still, not able to make a single noise.

(OKAY FIRST THINGS FIRST. ^back up there! when I said world war 4 I really did mean ww4, remember this story is set in the year 3034 so a lot has happened and you'll hear more about the war in later later later chapters. So keep that in mind. And SECOND Caged is #183 on mystery/thriller and I am so happy. Gahhh it's great to have so many readers in such little time. I seriously can't thank you all enough. THIRD so many people made me a cover, but I could only pick one! I'll change up the cover every once in awhile, so don't worry I'll use them all. :) Okay so that's my little/long authors note. Carry on with your day and let it be wonderful :)

Ohh and someone asked me how to pronounce Elena's name.

It's E-LAN-A
Like Elena Gilbert from the vampire diaries. (How great is that show?;))