Chapter 2- Transformation

Elena's POV

The drive to the end of my old life, is retentive and distasteful. I stay watching out of the window at the passing buildings of the downtown Demisewood Creak. This entire city is corrupted and tainted. I can only dream of a place with small log cabins, and fields of lilies.

I over hear the two Nobles (I learned their names are Philip and Arnold) discussing, the next auction at the Trisumber. My breathing restricts when I hear Arnold say it is in six days. That's less then a week. I have less then a week before the wealthiest men in the state, come and observe me.

I try to pay attention to the large skyscrapers, rather then the two unmarried Nobles talk about who they would like the wed. I'm thankful that my name never falls from one of their mouths, throughout the discussion. Maybe no one will ever take interest in me, and I'll be free to go. Sighing, I glare back out of the tinted window. No one ever leaves the Trisumber, unless you're going to be married, or you die.

"Mr. Styles is back in town with his family. He re-bought his astate." Philip's loud and distinguished French accent rings through the large black car. Who are the Styles? Probably another wealthy family. But the real question is, why did they come back here?

"Great, another person we must obey." Arnold scoffs, sarcasm clear in his tone. I want to ask about the family, and I also want to ask about my fate and my destiny. But sadly I know they will just shut my weak and minor voice out, everyone seems to always do.

"His son is with too. Apparently Desmond is forcing him to wed soon." Philip explains more to Arnold, and my body shakes. What if this Desmond man brings his son to the Trisumber, I could be forced into marrige. Well I knew I was going to be eventually. But I can't ever see a wealthy man take any interest in me. I'm nothing special, I have brown hair, and brown eyes, like most girls in the city, I'm nothing different, or original.

Finally the car comes to a stop, and the nobles pull into the Trisumber. My heart begins to rapidly beat against my chest, when I look up at the old building. Rumour has it, it was used as a jail in the late 2000's. That's why there are so many cages for the ladies to be held in, and soon for myself to be held in. Just thinking about being contained in a cage for as long as it takes to marry or die, is the worse part. Life isn't about being restrained it's about living.

The two nobles climb out of the car, Philip walks around to my side, and opens the door. I cower away from him and the hand cuffs in his hand. He smirks down at me, with a evilly wicked grin.

"C'mon sweetie, play nice. Or my friend will have to take things to the extreme." He grimaces, but I still refuse, pushing into the other side of the door. Philip sighs, then nods over to Arnold. Suddenly the door I am leaning against opens, and a sharp pinching feeling stings my arm.

I jump at the pain, and glare at the needle the noble stuck into my arm. I go to slap my hand up, but my body starts to weaken on me, and my eye lids become heavy. I try to scream, I try to move, but my body loses control, and I fall into a heavy, uncontrollable sleep.

--

My groggy, hazy eyes weakly open, to my new surroundings. I look around from where I am laying, the room is a solid grey colour with no windows, and a door on the far right. I try to sit up, but my body is still too heavy to move. I lay back down sighing loudly. Where am I even? I'm laying on a surgical bed, in a horrifyingly awful room.

"Hello?" I holler out, praying someone will hear me, and then hopefully free me from Trisumber.

Suddenly the door on the far right, slams against the wall. A lady wearing a black cocktail dress struts through the door. She smirks looking down at me, with a hint of evil in her blue icy eyes.

"Looks like our new Lady is awake. I assume the drive went well?" Her voice echoes through the room, making my head pound.

"Who are you?" My weak voice barely says. The woman pushes her long curly blonde hair behind her ear, and grins down at me.

"I'm your Tri-Mother." She continues to grin. I can feel all the colour drain from my cheeks. This is all so surreal, it's like a old tale a mother would read to her child before she sleeps, or an old 80's horror movie. It seems so real, but it actually isn't reality. Sadly that isn't the case, this is now my reality.

"Why can't I move?" I groan, trying to sit up again, but failing miserably. My Tri-Mother, pushes me back down.

"No, don't move. Our Nobles had to drug you. You'll have full control of your body soon, but for now let's get the transformations done." She smiles, and for the first time it's actually a real smile. I relax only a tad, enough for my body to untense.

My friends back home would always talk about the transformations. It's the only good part of being at the Trisumber. It's when their beauty team comes in, and completely makes you over, from appearance to wardrobe. I didn't mind my appearance, it suited me quite well, but transformations were a must here.

"Can I ask your name?"

My Tri-Mother glares down at me, making me feel like I offended her. But quickly her frown lays back out into a grin. "Shannon. And don't worry Elena this isn't the first time we met."

-

Edited;