Chapter 27- Charmed

Elena's POV

My breathing is hard to catch as I speak one tiny word. A word that I've known since I was 14 months, a word with only on syllable.

It was hard making such a life changing decision in ten seconds, but I feel it in the pit of my stomach that I'm making the right one.

"Harry.." I begin. The crowd completely stops, and everything is a silent hush. Harry's eyes burn holes into my brain, engraving a permanent picture of this very moment.

I slowly begin to nod my head, and as I go to say yes, Harry already has me in his inked arms. "Yes." I smile, while laughing, while trying to find a reason not to say yes. Harry swings me around, the crowd cheers. The music beats again shaking mine and his bodies.

He sets me down on my feet, and grins down at me. He removes the ring from the box, before slowly rolling it up my finger. The ring fits perfectly, looking fine on my finger. I examine the ring, holding it up to the light. I wonder how much it cost, or how long he's had it for? Was it meant for someone else? Or always for me?

"It was my grandmothers." Harry reads my mind, taking my hand into his. "When she died, she gave it to me, so I could give it to you. She always knew I would find someone." I smile, but something hurts behind my false expression.

Am I already doubting myself?

I was going to marry Harry one way or another, but something about accepting this ring didn't feel right. Maybe because I'm not the right person for Harry. We met at the Trisumber. What happy couple ever forms from the Trisumber? None.

"What's wrong?" Harry slowly says, as we take a seat away from the party. It's quieter but yet I still have to yell over the music.

"I can't accept this ring Harry." I sigh, taking it off my finger. Harry's smile fades. I watch as hurt washes through him but he quickly composes himself.

"So what you only said yes because there was a crowd?" His tone of voice cuts through me.

I shake my head. "No. I didn't say yes because of that. I mean I have to marry you anyways."

Shit.

That did not come out right. Harry glares away.

"I didn't mean it like that." I quickly try to recover, but by the look he shoots me I know I'm digging my grave even deeper.

Harry stands to his feet. His height towers over me. "Elena I don't know what else I can do for you. I've been nothing but welcoming, kind, and loving. And you can't even say thank you. I gave you a bed to sleep in and food. You could be rotting in the Trisumber but instead I thought that you could love me instead." Harry huffs, sucking in a deep breath before finishing.

"Sorry for fucking saving you." He grabs at his hair, while his nostrils flare. Ouch.

"Saving me? Maybe I didn't want to be saved." I spit, folding my arms into my chest. The almost summer breeze sends chills up my arms.

He scoffs, his eyes dark and daring. "Don't give me that shit. You tried to escape when I first met you. Hate me or love me. I'm done trying. I'm done with you." He snarls, storming away.

I'm speechless and hurt. I force myself to swallow the lump in my throat. I lean back against the patio chair, and sigh. The feeling deep in my stomach pains me, and I know if I open my eyes or mouth I'll collapse. Did he really mean what he said? Was he really done with me?

I sniffle back tears, refusing to let myself cry. He's just a boy, just a boy who means nothing to you.

But he does, he means a lot to me. I just couldn't see through my stupidity to admit it. Harry's right, I have everything I ever wanted in the world right here right now. Or at least I did.

A cold tear rolls down the left cheek. I quickly whip it away when I hear footsteps approaching me. "Elena?" A soft male voice says.

I look up to see Louis. "Hi?" I croak, when Louis sits next to me.

"Harry told you didn't he?" I nod slowly, before this man sighs. "I'm sorry about all of that. I've had some time to think. And I only made Harry do it because I wanted you to know the truth." I continue to nod, even after Louis is finished talking.

"Elena?" He asks, as I break out into sobs. Louis's eyes widen, and he shifts to the other side of the bench. He reaches across and pats my back. What is he doing?

"Are you uh okay?" He stammers, all I can mange is a nod. "Good." His words drag into a whisper. Awkward silence fills the air.

The only thing you can hear is my loud, pitiful sobs and the bass of loud music. "Harry really cares about you.." Louis says trying to comfort me. Instead I begin to cry louder. I shake my head rapidly back and forth, trying to whip the tears laced with mascara away.

"He. No. Not." I stifle while choking through my sobs.

"Right." Louis whispers, still patting my back from the other end of the bench.

---

My body rattles to the thud on my door. I shoot up from my awkward laying position, and pull the hair out of my mouth. I'm still in the lace black dress from last night, and I stink of liquor.

Memories instantly flood my mind. I groan and throw myself on my back. I lay comfortable until there's another firm knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I mumble. Praying they will just give up and go away I slowly squeeze my eyes shut. But they're persistent, and bang again on my door.

"Who the hell is it?" I sit up and scream at the door.

"Elena someone very important wishes to speak to you." A small lady voice says. I roll my eyes flopping back on my bed.

"Tell Desmond it can wait."

There's a long pause and just when I think she's gone she speaks again. "It isn't Desmond." The tone of her voice throws me off. I'm up and ready in ten minutes.

I make my way down the grand stair case and into the siting room. When I enter there's a tall blonde man on the others side of the room. His eyes connect with mine, and I feel obligated to obey him.

"Ah there is the famous Elena Williams." He chimes, sipping on tea. I nod, narrowing my sight at him. Who is this man?

"And you are?" I say a bit to harshly. The man however chuckles, and takes quick steps towards me.

"Prince Niall. Charmed I'm sure." His thick Irish accent rings through my ears.

(A/n short I know, but hey it's a double update day so yay! Tomorrow I'm super busy so I won't be updating. Thanks for reading and voting. I really do appreciate it:))