Chapter 14- Strong Wall

Elena's POV

Its an odd feeling having everything you ever dreamed of ripped away from you. It's an even worse feeling to know your life has no purpose anymore. But the worse feeling of all is having no freedom or any say in what becomes of your future, and well that is now my life.

My dreams have turned into nightmares while the darkness sucks the rest of the light out of my soul. How long have I've been in the cellar for? It seems like months, but I know it's only been a few hours.

The only sound throughout the cool, haunting cellar is mice scurrying across the concrete and my stomach rumbling due to my hunger. Sighing I lean my head against the bars of my cage, and I pick at the hem of my dress.

If it wasn't for him, and his cocky smirk, and his condescending smile I wouldn't be here. I would hopefully still be with Jolene and Renee at the lunch table. I wonder if they ever found someone. Jolene had many, many eyes on her. She was the center of attention, but really who won her heart?

I wonder if I'll ever see or hear from them again, will I ever even get to see my family again? I gulp hard, my father. This Desmond man is someone not to toy with, he is powerful and respected by the city, what has my father caused?

This revenge he spoke of still flashes through my mind. He promised Harry I wouldn't be involved but is he a man of his word? Probably not, he seems rough and dangerous. It seems like my entire life has been taken over by other people, who think they know best for me, like Shannon.

I shake my head laughing carelessly at myself. I fell for her lies, her stories about my mother. Maybe she did know her, but even if that was true, she used my biggest weakness against me. I'm so naïve, as Rosalyn would always say. For a little sister, she sure acted a whole lot older.

Rosalyn is beautiful truly beautiful on the inside and out. But she doesn't back down from a fight, she'll never end up in the Trisumber due to her strong personality and free will. She'll make it out, she'll escape and I pray every night she does.

I run my fingers through my greasy brown hair. I am in desperate need of a shower if I ever make it out of this cellar. I smile slightly just thinking about steaming warm water, pelting down on my sore and drained body.

Suddenly I jump in surprise when my eyes burn at bright sunlight, as the entry to the cellar opens. I huddle in the far corner of my cage, when loud footsteps pad against the concrete flooring.

Dark brown hair, and plump lips are hit by the sunlight, and my body tenses. The last person on earth I want to see. He smiles weakly down at me, once fully in view, his green eyes giving me sympathy. I turn my gaze away from his pity.

"Hungry?" He asks. I stay quiet, even when my stomach growls again. "I'll take that as a yes." Harry chuckles, as I hear a key unlocking my cage. The steel bar creak on the hinches, but I'm frozen.

"Elena, please. Come inside, get some food, shower, sleep in a real bed." Harry presses, finally getting a firm scoff out of my lips.

"Your bed?" I snap, looking up at his face. His expression is hard, and unreadable.

"Elen-." I interrupt him, by holding up my hand.

"Please just go." I quietly plead, but his lips press in a firm line, and he never moves.

We share a few glances, and he shifts awkwardly on his feet, before opening his mouth again. "Not until you come inside." I pick at the hem of my dress, I really am hungry. "Please?" He adds. I pause for a few more seconds before slowly crawling out of the cage, and letting my strong wall fall.

(Short chapter is know, but I'm still on vacation and I felt like I owed it to you guys to update when I got a chance! I'll try and update again before I get home but I can't make any promises! Please vote and comment, and follow me, and thank you for reading :)) I'll post some pictures of my trip on my twitter if you guys want to see some, when I get home :) @Harryilyxo)