Lucas Baker - Soulmate AU

The world is black and white until you meet your soulmate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Growing up with the world being black and white got annoying fast. Especially when you have friends that already meet their soulmates. 

The moments when they said, "you look good in red" and "go grab my purple coat."

Of course, they would apologize after, but it was still annoying.  I just turned 21, and my world is still in black and white. I know I'm only 21, but I starting to give up hope.

Shaking my head, I looked up as the bell chimed of the restaurant I'm sitting in. I watched as my friend (F/N) walked over and sat in front of me.

"Sorry, I'm late. My mom called me," they said.

"No worries I understand. So how have you been?" I asked taking a sip from my coffee I ordered.

"I've been good. Oh! Before I forget, I talked to my boss and he said he'd save you a seat at his speech. But he does want you to take some pictures," she said and handed me a piece of paper.

When I opened the paper, I saw it was a seating arrangement. (F/N) circled the far right chair in red. 'I'm so glad I only have to sit next to one random person' I thought and folded the paper back up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally made it to the event center that this speech is being held at and sigh as I saw a huge line. Getting into the line, I started to check if I had everything I needed to take pictures. Before I could finish (F/N) walked in front of me.

"Come on you get a fast pass," she said and dragged me through a side door.

I looked around the room and saw only a few people in the room. Of course, it had to be the person that I'm sitting next to. (F/N) left and let me go to my seat. Setting my bag right next to my seat I looked up at the person next to me. What I didn't expect was to see colors bleed into my vision. Gasping I looked around trying to find many other colors.

"Sorry to interrupt you, but since you're my soulmate my names Lucas," he said sticking out his hand. 

"It's nice to finally meet you! I'm (Y/N)!" I replied excitedly.

I heard someone squeal behind me and quickly turned around. Seeing (F/N) I started to blush and looked back at Lucas.

"Sorry, she's been waiting for this moment as long as I have," I whispered taking a seat with him.

"It's okay. I'm just happy my sister dragged me along to this," he whispered back.

I giggled smiling up at him I could tell that my future is going to change drastically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you all like it!!