Thomas didn’t have the slightest clue where he would be staying. He didn’t really care where he stayed, as long as it wasn’t under the stars.

            Lionel Macready’s home was a smallish cabin. It wasn’t small compared to most homes in the area. But, the cabin was small in comparison to the Crey’s homes.  The cabin was homely, and was built out of trees that Andrew didn’t care to catch the name of. He knew that the house smelled of wood and smoke.

            It wasn’t cigarette smoke, though. Lionel did smoke, but not in the house. He smoked a good forty five yards away from the house. The cabin smelled of smoke from dry wood crackling in a forever lit fire. Andrew enjoyed the smell. It didn’t smell sickly. It smelled fresh. And, even though he didn’t necessarily like the smoke when it filled up his lungs, he liked smelling it throughout the house.

            The Crey’s had only been at Lionel’s house for four hours and already, Lionel must have smoked three packs. You could smell it on him too. When he walked by it was like someone punched you in the face with the smell of burnt blegh.

            Despite the fact that Lionel smoked so much, he was a nice and kind man. He was soft spoken and used many wise words. Andrew liked him. Perhaps a lot. He wasn’t sure yet.

            When the sun was dipping low in the sky, Lionel departed off to his room and fell asleep. Andrew retired to his room as well, and tried to let his haggard mind rest. But, as the sun disappeared, and the moon slowly crept into the sky, Andrew’s eyes refused to close.

            His mind refused to let go. He felt that something was coming; something that would cripple his family in a way that could hardly be imagined. At around two in the morning, Andrew noticed the faint glow of something just outside the blinds on the window.

            He stood from the bed, and drew the blinds back. When he saw what faced directly in front of his eyes, he nearly fell to the ground and died. The word Confess was blazing in thick, hot tendrils of flame. Fear crippled his mind, and he fell to his bed, waiting.

            He knew that at any moment, his life would be altered. Thomas would come, and Thomas would take him. There would be no stopping him. Andrew had noticed a large clank twenty minutes before. He assumed that it was the power shutting off.

            Andrew sat on his bed, and waited in silent serenity, treasuring the final moments before Thomas took him.

            Thomas had never felt so alive. The crackles of the fire and the putrid smell of burning filled him with a sense of power.

            He was giddy with excitement as the word was consumed and made prominent in the night by the thick orange flames that licked the air with their long, hot tongues. Thomas stared in extreme wonderment as his plan came to life.

            It had only been a plan before. But now, as the flames devoured and consumed, Thomas knew that his plan was going to play out in delectable perfection. He knew that ultimately Andrew would pay for his sins and he would do so by dying a long and excruciatingly painful death.

            As soon as the word upon the barn wall was completely lit, and burning bright, Thomas gripped the hatchet, that’s tip gleamed in the moonlight, up from the grass that was beginning to become wet with dew. He shoved the gleaming metal into the flames, while being careful not to burn the wood stock, and let it become red hot.

            When the metal was surely a hotter than hell, Thomas stepped from the flames and strode to the back door of the cabin. He used his leg, and kicked as hard as he could, to knock the door open. The door crashed open easily, but Thomas knew that his leg would be sore the next day.

            Thomas held the hatchet out in a defensive position, ready to chop away at anyone who tried to block his way. He couldn’t afford to let anyone stop him. His plan was so well thought out, and needed to be executed with precision, and if anyone got in his way, they might mess the whole thing up.

            As Thomas walked through the house, he wondered where Andrew would be. There were only five rooms in the cabin. Thomas knew he would find out soon enough. He knew that Anne had probably locked a door to keep Andrew safe, now that she possibly knew he was near.

            So Thomas searched for a door that was closed and locked. When he found it, he crashed through, easily. Thomas was reminded of the night two years ago when he had come in and grabbed Andrew from bed. Everything from this scene was familiar. Except, Andrew was older.

            Andrew was sitting up in bed, eyes wide and alert. Guess he decided he wasn’t safe. Thomas lunged at Andrew and gripped his hair. “Don’t think you are getting away from me.” Andrew thrashed trying to get away. He threw his fists into Thomas’ ribs.

            “Get off me!” Andrew said, his voice weak. “Why are you—” Andrew’s voice fell silent. Thomas had taken his fist and punched Andrew in this forehead. His fist stung a bit, but it was a minor problem.

            “Come on. We are going to prepare you for your death!” Thomas said menacingly. Thomas picked Andrew up, and ran through the house, directly to his vehicle.

            “No one will ever find you, and even if they do, you will be dead.” Thomas slugged Andrew in the temple then.