Why Him?

actual conversation with me and my bf (bc this one lets me watch/listen to rt without having a tantrum)

him: i wouldn't be surprised if they came out as gay, like two of them were together

me: the whole fandom would go crazy, we'd love that

him: they probably are actually fucking or something in secret

me: in reality honestly they're probably not but in all of our heads they absolutely 100% are. you don't wanna see the fanfiction....

him: ew no i don't... wait have YOU read the fanfiction 😏😏

me: you don't know the half of it

him: 🤨🤔

me: *puts headphones on to save the awkward conversation of my fanfics*

---

Rye = Rye
Ryan = Sonny

---

"What's up?" Rye asked Jack, barging into his room.

"Can i not get any privacy?" he snarled.

"Not until you tell me what's going on," he said softly, shutting the bedroom door as he walked over to Jack's bed.

"Nothing," Jack lied.

"Jack, you were fine ten minutes ago, is it Ryan?" Rye asked.

"Why would it be Ryan?"

Rye shrugged, "because you were fine until he joined us."

"I'm still fine," Jack lied.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me," Rye raised a brow. He sat down on the edge of Jack's bed and looked at him.

"Fine, i'm jealous of him and Brooklyn."

"So you like Brook?"

Jack nodded, "I don't wanna hear your shit."

"I won't be a dick, I promise..."

---

"Brook, let me in?" Andy knocked on his bedroom door.

"Go away!" Brooklyn shouted through it, sitting against it so he couldn't get in.

"Please? You don't even have to talk to me, okay? Just let me in..."

Andy heard a huff from the other side, then some shuffling, then almost fell through the door, as he was leaning on it, when Brooklyn opened it. He walked in, shutting them in, and followed Brook to his bed.

It was silent for a while before Brook spoke, "he likes Ryan..."

"Who does?" Andy raised a brow.

"Jack, who else?"

---

"Go and interrupt them," Rye said to Jack, who was glaring at Brooklyn.

"What's the point?"

"To get him away from Ryan...."

"That'd just make him hate me," Jack mumbled.

"Just do it," Rye pushed him toward Brooklyn and Ryan.

---

Brooklyn had finally plucked up the courage to talk to his friend about the issue, "he likes you, and it kills me, because i can't imagine myself without him..."

"Brook, i love you but - are you serious? He doesn't like me-"

"Look at the way he's looking over," Brook sadly glanced over to Jack and Rye, but before he could get a response, Jack was stood right in front of them.

"What's up?" Brook looked up at him, pain in his eyes.

Jack frowned, noticing that Brook looked upset, "are you okay?"

"I'm gonna leave you guys to talk," Ryan said and stood up slowly to go sit with Rye.

Brook shook his head, "nothing..."

"There is. You can tell me, y'know..." he didn't actually want to hear what he had to say, because he was sure it was something to do with Ryan.

"I can't, you just- you wouldn't get it."

That hurt. Jack felt something in his chest at that moment. He really thinks i won't get it? After everything... he's my best friend. "I can't do this."

Jack shook his head and turned away, walking out of the room, out of the house, out of Brook's way.

"Jack, what are you-" Brook sighed, attempting to follow him. "Come back!"

"I'll go after him," Rye stood up, noticing the blonde had no shoes on.

He ran after Jack and eventually, after too long, caught up. "Jack, c'mere," he grabbed him when he finally reached him.

Jack burst into tears, burying his face in Rye's shoulder, "i c-can't do it anym-more, Rye."

Rye let him calm down and then held his friend by his shoulders and looked in his eyes, "Jack, listen to me, okay?"

Jack nodded, watching him.

"Brook doesn't like Ryan," he said, and of course Jack started to argue but he stopped him, "he just told me Brook was upset, right?"

Jack nodded again, this time confused.

"He was upset because you like Ryan..."

There was a long pause before Jack spoke, "but i don't like Ryan like that. Why would Brook even be upset about-"

Then it clicked.

"Wait..."

Rye nodded, watching him.

Jack thought for a second, "no. I'm being stupid, he's upset because he doesn't want competition he likes him."

Rye sighed this time, "nope. Try again."

"He doesn't- he can't- he-"

"He does. It's you. It's not Ryan, it never has been."

Jack shook his head in disbelief, "why would he like me?"

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Brook's voice popped up, making Jack spin around. There was a second of silence between the two, before they hugged it out, crying into each other.