Musical Soulmates - Jarvey - Part 1

Same au but not related to the other 2

Harvey is 16 and Jack is 15

You can hear whatever music your soulmate hears, but only once you turn 16.

----------

Harvey's POV

"Flip flop, coco butter, music everyday..."

He sang that line over and over. It was probably annoying the hell out of him but i couldn't help smile. It was my song. He was singing my song. I wondered if he knew it was my song, if he was 16 yet and had heard me singing it.

Quite often, i'd hear him listen to my songs, but quite often, it'd sound like someone else was singing along. But now he was singing it, which i figured was a good sign whether he liked my music or not.

---

Jack's POV

I was ready to kill my sister. I had one of her stupid songs stuck in my head, only one line of it, and i didn't know, or want to know, the rest of the song.

I sighed to myself as i went up to my room. I needed to call my friends about the next day; it was my birthday and they were meant to be coming over. Emily had promised to keep the shitty music to a minimum because it was my birthday so i was pretty happy about that.

---

The four of them turned up at once, singing happy birthday before coming in. They'd managed to get some alcohol so Mikey and Andy ran upstairs to stick their bags in my bedroom.

"Where's Mike?" i chuckled when Andy came down without him.

He shrugged, chuckling, "probably talking to your sister."

I rolled my eyes shouting for him to hurry up.

We were soon in my room. After the lads had said their hellos to my parents, and my parents had suitably embarrassed me in front of them, i dragged the four of them upstairs.

It wasn't long before i heard music from the next room, so i stuck a playlist on my phone to try and drown it out.

"What are you doing? Rye laughed as i turned the volume up.

"I can't stand her fucking music, that whatshisface she listens to," i frowned.

"But she's not listening to anything," Brooklyn raised a brow.

"You've only had half a drink, you're not hearing things are you?" Mikey laughed.

"Are you guys joking?" i frowned, "can you not hear that?!"

"Go tell her to turn it off then," Andy said slowly.

But when i did, they were right. Her room was silent, pitch black and empty. What the fuck?

I walked back into my room, extremely confused, and even more confused at the excited look on the boys' faces. Mikey grabbed ny shoulders, "you're 16!"

I frowned. I knew that. "Yeah..?"

"Soulmate," Rye smirked.

It took me a few seconds for the realization to hit me. "Shit... I can't have a soulmate who listens to him, can i change them?"

The four of them burst into laughter. "I guess i'll take that as a no," i mumbled.

---

I could deal with it for one night.

However, i heard it again the night after. I knew he'd sounded live, and after speaking to my sister i learned that he was on tour. Apparently my soulmate was a big fucking fan because i heard the guy every night.

"He's not doing a show today," my sister said to me and i glared at her.

"Fuck off, Em," i rolled my eyes, "i can fucking hear the fucking show."

She frowned, "he hasn't got one today." She flicked through her phone and showed me his tour poster. Today's days wasn't there, but tomorrow's was. Fuck. She smiled and nudged me, "he's in Dublin tomorrow."

"I see that," i sighed, and i knew what she was thinking.

"Do you think your soulmate will be there?"

"I'm not going to that gig," i glared at her.

---

But she was my little sister, and she always got her way, so the next night, i payed (a lot, since it was on the door and there was like, -3 tickets left) for me and her to get into HRVY's gig.

I knew that she knew that i'd never find my soulmate in there, but i couldn't say no to the look on her face when she realised there was even the slightest chance of her going to see Harvey.

I lifted her up onto my shoulders as i maneuvered through the crowd of people. Looking around, i saw the chance to slip into a spot right at the front and Emily screamed as she saw how close we were going to be to him.

"I can hear him and he's not even on yet," i shouted over the noise as she got down.

"I can't hear any music," she frowned, then excitement hit her, "what if it's someone backstage?!"

I rolled my eyes, "then i'll never get rid of him!"

"Shut up, you love him!"

"He's grown on me, i admit," i laughed, then the room went silent as the lights went off.

All too familiar music started to play, and i shifted so Emily could see as he walked on.

It was normal until about half way through the show, when he finished a song and started talking, "so guys... this next song is one i only know through my soulmate - i can hear what they listen to - and i love this one so i'm gonna sing it for you guys!"

My sister and i looked at each other in pure shock when Take This Home started playing.

Everyone screamed when the song finished, and my sister screamed at him to try and get his attention as he spoke.

"I don't even know who sings that, but i absolutely love it, and i've never-" he finally noticed Emily and i hid my face, "hey, what did you- it's who's song?"

"My brother's!" she shouted, pointing at me.

Long story short, we both ended up backstage with him after the show. (eyyyyy)

I felt like i knew what was going on but i didn't feel like admitting it. Luckily, i had my sister with me and she was thrilled about the whole thing.

"You two are soulmates!" she exclaimed happily.

----------

I'm not sure about this, it may get edited and like changed completely

It's edited tho... kinda (the first half is i think)