Tension - Sikey

this is set around the time sonny joined roadtrip

and is an anonymous request so i hope you enjoy 😊

----------

It was a live stream kinda day, and the boys all decided to do one together as another little introduction to Sonny for the roadies.

"We just thought we'd give you all a proper introduction to Sonny on here, obviously some of you might recognise him but for those of you who don't..." Andy started, pointing at Sonny to introduce himself.

"Hi guys," he laughed nervously, giving a little wave, "i'm Sonny, you can ask me a few questions in the comments and we're gonna try and answer everybody."

All of the boys saw and ignored the comments about him 'replacing' Mikey for now, they'd address that another day. None of them felt like Mikey was being replaced per say, but they knew how it must seem to some of the fans. They all loved Sonny and couldn't have had anyone else better suited for the band than he was.

---

As the new guy, he didn't want the fans to think there was any bad blood between himself and Mikey, so he devised a plan.

It took a couple days, as their busy schedules got in the way, but finally it could happen! Sonny was actually quite excited about it; he hadn't really expected to be. He even dressed up for the occasion, though his definition of 'dressing up' was wearing clothes instead of pyjamas on his day off.

He'd decided to get two cups ready to make drinks, but the doorbell rang as he was getting them out of the cupboard. Quickly, he placed them down and did a little skip to the door.

"Hey, you!" Mikey smiled at him when he opened it.

"Hi, it's great to see you again!" Sonny stepped back and let him in, then the two boys shared a hug as he kicked the door closed.

---

Once he was settled with a cup of coffee, Sonny with tea, they got to talking. Mikey knew why he'd reached out, but didn't know the full extent of the questions - and in some circumstances, hate - the band were now getting.

"I bet Mikey isn't happy about being replaced so quickly," Sonny read from some Instagram comments, "bring Mikey back, we don't want this cheap knock off, some of 'em are just not nice." (those comments broke my heart)

Mikey frowned, "i didn't realise how much shit you were getting. You shouldn't have to deal with it."

Sonny shrugged, he was starting to get used to it, "what can you do, eh?"

"I'll tell you what we can do," Mikey pulled his own phone out from his hoodie pocket, "scoot closer."

He did, and Mikey opened Instagram up on his phone to snap a picture of the two of them, looking happy in each other's company.

"visiting a good friend today, it's gonna be a good one!✌" was the caption, written over the picture in big letters, as he posted it to his story.

Sonny smiled and did the same, and by the time he posted it, Mikey was already replying to a couple messages. He didn't look too happy so Sonny peeked over his shoulder to see what had been said.

"Thanks for sticking up for me," he said hesitantly, "you don't have to..."

Mikey was replying to 'fans' that were complaining about Sonny. "People need to realise that i left, you're not some cheap replacement, you're perfect for RoadTrip."

Sonny smiled wide, appreciating Mikey in that moment more than he could say. "You're amazing," he said softly, and hesitantly moved a little closer.