143 • Dana

Dana was lying on her side. Her head rested on his shoulder and she had draped one leg over his, drawing circles across his warm, somewhat clammy skin. Even though her breathing hadn't normalized yet, she felt peaceful.  A shiver made her shudder now her body was quickly cooling off, but she didn't mind. She snuggled a bit closer to Juice. 

His hand stroked her arm and kept lying on her fingers. With a smile she looked at the new ring. She liked the thought that she had given him something. She turned her head to the side, so she could watch his face. 

"Merry Christmas baby," she said, pressing a soft kiss to his chin. "Was it worth the money?"

He smirked. "Hell yeah."

She chuckled softly. Even though it would have been funny to see him wearing the skirt, she had been too afraid he would rip it. It was so short she hadn't even needed to take it off, although the fur was tickling her skin now. 

"You better start thinking about what you want me to wear on our wedding night."

The grin on his face widened, his eyes started to sparkle. She already knew that he would spend the next weeks finding the most sexy lingerie. Well, there wasn't much else to do anyway...

Dana turned a bit more on her side, leaning with her elbow at the mattress. 

Juice raised his hand and raked through her hair. "You're so beautiful..." He lifted his head from the pillow so he could reach her lips. A slow, almost lazy kiss followed, before his head sank back. 

"At least we have the time of the world to plan our wedding exactly how we want," Dana said. 

They often talked and fantasized about that day, sharing their wishes and discovering what they found important. Still it kept feeling like a dream, a fantasy, especially as long as they couldn't return to their friends. But she refused to let it overshadow their intended marriage. It felt like they were inside a bubble where everything was perfect. And later... they would deal later with later.

"You already know who you wanna ask to be your best man?" Dana asked curiously. 

"Chibs," Juice answered. "He was my sponsor and he always felt like a father within the SAMCRO-family. And you?" 

Dana didn't answer immediately. She had thought about it for a while, but the thoughts made her feel sad. "I find it difficult. Kozik is the first who crosses my mind, but it would feel like I was... harming Happy or something. Or Cherry... She could be my maid of honor, but it feels kinda strange to ask someone I don't even know a full year."

"And marrying someone you neither know a full year doesn't feel strange?" he smirked. 

"You want me to back out?"

He kissed the tip of her nose. "I won't let you."

Dana chuckled. "Good." Then she became a bit more serious. "But I dunno... Cherry is a sweet girl and I know it would mean the world to her to be my maid of honor, but our friendship has always been... a bit sketchy. Probably because of me. Even before we had our first date, I shared more of my past with you than I ever did with her."

"Hmm. But it's a little hard for me to be both your best man and groom."

She pouted. "Even though you're my best friend."

"Too bad... I'll already become your husband." His hand glided underneath her skirt and held her cheek. "I'm not going to give up these privileges." He winked, but it didn't take long before he became serious again. "And Happy?"

"You think he'll get out?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Wouldn't that be the perfect wedding gift? But if he had been free – would you have asked him?"

"I dunno," Dana admitted. "Our relationship is still very... strained. Although something like this might help. And somehow I think it will feel good if my last family member would be my best man." She still considered her father as being dead. Her eyes locked with his. "You wanna invite your mom and sister?"

He laughed, which sounded rather mocking than merry. "They don't even know I'm in a motorclub. I haven't seen them in years."

"You don't wanna change that?"

He didn't respond. Dana knew his feelings regarding his family were anything but clear. One of the reasons the club meant so much to him, was because it filled the void his family had left. 

"We should visit them some time. Beforehand," Dana said. "Maybe... maybe your mom has changed."

Juice snorted. "Right."

Dana lifted herself a little more. "It ain't impossible, Juice. I'm living proof of how strongly a human being can change. You know what things I've done, what the last words were that I have addressed to my mother."

He stayed silent, staring past her. 

"You wanna meet 'em?" he asked after a while. 

"I do," she said softly but determined. "My mom is dead and my father and brother are in jail."

Juice dropped his eyes. "More than anyone I know how it feels to long for a new family, Dane. But mine... mine won't do you any good." He swallowed with difficulty. "Maybe my little sister wants to see me. But my ma..." He shook his head. 

"Okay," she said softly. "Whatever you want, baby. I would love to meet your sister one day, even though I know you would dread the confrontation. But I know exactly how you feel, Juice. I had neither seen my brother in years and I can't express how happy I am that I went looking for him. Who knows what had happened to me if I hadn't done so..."

"Thankfully we will never know," Juice muttered, pulling her in his arms. 

Dana kissed his neck, snuggling closer to him, knowing he no longer wanted to talk about his family.