023 • Dana

Talking to Juice was easier said than done. When she returned to TM he wasn't around, and the day after she saw him only for a minute, right before he stepped into the van and drove away. That night she ate outside with Cherry, and when she returned it was quiet in the clubhouse.

Cherry had gone to Kip and Opie was at home with his kids. Jax was around, but she was still avoiding him a little. Chibs and Bobby were at the pool table, and after a short hesitation, she walked to them.

"Hey," she greeted them. "Is Juice here too? Want to ask him if he can show me around in the office tomorrow. Haven't seen him for a while."

"He's at home," Chibs answered. "I'll give ye a ride."

"It isn't that urgent," she mumbled, feeling her cheeks turn flaming red.

Chibs chuckled. "He won't be doing much more than playing GTA."

Dana resisted the urge to wipe her clammy hands off on her jeans. What should she say? Going to Juice's house was very different from just asking a simple question. She however knew it was strange when she made it an issue. There were not many people around here, and she hung out with the others all the time.

"I'll give him a call," she suggested.

"Nah, let's surprise 'im." Chibs gave her an obvious wink, making clear he was determined to continue this embarrassment.

She glanced at Bobby since his game was disrupted, but he winked as well.
"Bet Ortiz can't wait to show ya some of his Puerto Rican charms," Bobby added, only making things worse.

Dana wanted to push her head into a fridge. Where the hell was this coming from? It felt like the whole MC was suddenly pairing them. Had Cherry opened her big mouth? And why did it feel so awkward, and wasn't she able to answer their hints with a joke or some sarcasm?

No one had ever spoken a word about Jax and her, but this was certainly entertaining them.

"Aah. Well, we'll see," she said eventually. It felt like a swarm of insects flew through her stomach. She wouldn't be surprised if the guys could hear them buzz. She forced herself to smile at Bobby and walked to the door. She knew for sure she would feel more comfortable around Juice than around those two.

Chibs took his Harley out of the line of bikes that were on the edge of the parking lot and handed her a helmet. Without saying a word she put it over her head and climbed behind him at the vehicle.

After ten minutes they stopped in front of a row of houses, right behind a black car.

"It's the one at the corner," Chibs said after she'd climbed off. She put off her helmet and looked around, a little lost. She felt so stupid. What should she say to him? She'd just wanted to ask him a short question, not spending the evening with him!

"Why do ye tarry, darling? Startin' to think ye don't dare to visit the kid..." Chibs tilted his head and gave her a challenging look.

Like everyone at the club, Dana didn't want to be a coward. She stretched her back and pushed the helmet in Chibs' hands. The sparkle in his eyes showed that was exactly the reaction he'd been hoping for.

"Thanks, I guess?" She raised her eyebrows to stress her sarcasm.

"No thanks, lass. S'pose Juice will bring ya back." He smirked. "Or not. Enjoy yer work party."

He started the engine and Dana stepped aside, so he could pass. She took a few deep breaths and crossed the street. Behind the window shone light, thus he had to be at home. She felt how the nervousness was spreading to her toes, and when she pressed the doorbell a second later, her finger was shaking.

Fuck you, Chibs, she grumbled internally. Fuck you. What a hell of a move.