136 • Juice

Juice couldn't remember seconds had ever passed so slowly. Sweat glided down his back and he was afraid his diaper would soon drop on the ground. With giant eyes Dana stared at him. In a tensed way her hand was lying between her collar bones, as if she was getting a heart attack. 

I shouldn't have done it. 

He felt more sure about that than he had felt about his proposal today. "Sorry," he muttered with hot cheeks. "I shouldn't have done this. Sorry. I thought..." Taking a deep breath, he tried to blink away the tears in his eyes. Yeah, what exactly had he been thinking? Who else was stupid enough to do something like that, knowing they were fully depended on each other, even when she rejected him? 

He closed the jewelry box and wanted to get up. Right when he started to move, Dana rushed forward and hugged him so tightly he lost his balance and fell back. The seat cut into his neck. 

"Sorry," she whispered. "I... I just didn't see this coming."

She held him so tight he had the feeling to choke. 

"I shouldn't have done it. I just want... you. For ever. But..."

"I wanna marry you, Juice. Of course I wanna marry you!" She grabbed the side of the cabin and hoisted herself on the edge of the seat. Her front teeth pressed into her bottom lip as she looked at him, suddenly a bit shy. 

Juice didn't feel more confident than she did. He sat up straight as well, looking for words. The Big Wheel had started moving again, so there wasn't much time left. "Okay," he said a bit bluntly. "That's – that's amazing."

Dana wiped across her watery eyes and smiled nervously. Then she held out her hand and wiggled her fingers. "You're supposed to put on the ring now, right?"

Juice gave her a crooked smile. The proposal hadn't gone as he had planned and he was a bit confused now. That she had agreed to marry him, didn't fully land. That however changed when he opened the jewelry box again and took out the ring. He knelt down on one knee again, took her hand in his and looked up to her. Her smile made his heart jump. Quickly he looked away, before he would do something stupid. 

Like kissing her, forgetting about the engagement ring in his hand, which would slip out of his fingers and fall down. That would be so typical him. 

He tried to swallow the bundle of nerves – there was no need to feel nervous anymore – and shoved the ring around her left ring finger. As he looked up to her, she dipped her head. Her lips brushed his and he surrendered to a long, long kiss that only ended when someone cleared his throat, making clear it was their turn to leave the Ferris Wheel. 

With still a blush upon his cheeks they left the attraction. He nodded gratefully to the man in the control room, who he had asked to keep the wheel still when they were on top while Dana thought he was going to the bathroom. He got a wink back and let his arm slip around Dana's waist. 

"You're my fiance now," he said with a smirk that wouldn't leave his face for the rest of the month. 

"Hmm. Sounds good." At the side of the path Dana stood still and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I'm sorry I wasn't doing cartwheels. I just hadn't suspected a thing. I didn't think you would be willing to take that step before we were back with the others."

Juice caressed her cheek. "I don't want our lives to be on stand-by. I wanna be your husband. It's something I want now, not only when everything is safe." He stroked a strand of hair behind her ear. There was still insecurity in her eyes. "It will take some time before we're back with the others and can really marry." He shrugged, grinning. "But at least we've had our engagement period then."

She brought her lips back to his and kissed him briefly. "I love you, Juice." She stretched her arm and looked at the silver ring around her finger. It was a spiral with a diamond in the middle. "And it's beautiful. It really is."

Again she hugged him. Never before he had enjoyed holding her in his arms so much, and knowing he would be able to do so multiple times, filled him with warmth. 

"Where are we goin' to celebrate this?" she whispered, her fingers gliding across his back. When she looked at him, there was a naughty look in her eyes. He bit his lip and had to keep himself from moving his hands underneath that sexy dress. Even as an engaged man he had some manners. 

Some. 

"The park is closin' within an hour."

A smirk played around her lips. "Hmm. I have a feeling where you wanna go."

Juice raised his eyebrows. "You do?"

"Uh-uh. I remember some drunken talk of you, right after we arrived in Mexico. You told me you wanted to have sex in a haunted house one day." 

He laughed. "Man, you're right. And you thought a church would be exciting, but we concluded we could better not summon God's wrath upon us as long as Maddox isn't burnin' in hell."

She chuckled quietly. "So..." She bit her lip, looking up to him with a naughty grin. "We're gonna hide ourselves until the park is closed and sneak into the haunted house to teach those creeps some lessons in love?" Teasingly, her fingers stroked the front of the diaper he was wearing. 

His hands were tingling and his voice sounded dark with lust as he answered: "Don't make that hour of waiting feel even longer."

She kissed the corner of his mouth. "Don't you think that's a small price to pay for your ultimate sex fantasy?"

Juice lifted her from the ground until she wrapped her legs around his waist and carried her towards the cafetaria's. "Let's find you some ice cream to cool off that horny body of yours." His tongue slid between her breasts as they were exactly on the right spot, and he lowered her down on her feet chuckling as she slapped his head. Despite her dirty talk her cheeks were flaming red and she glared at him. 

Juice shrugged his shoulders innocently, convinced nobody could have seen that. "That dress of yours just asks for it. I'm holdin' back all day long."

"And you think you can no longer screw things up now?"

"Nah, don't think you wanna give me that ring back." He winked. "And I know you liked it. Secretly."

He smirked as she started to blush again and impatiently he glanced at his watch. Fifty-five more minutes. Damn, why did it take so long? But he didn't complain. He couldn't think of anyone else who would wanted to celebrate an engagement with steamy sex in a deserted haunted house. He touched for her hand and squeezed, still not fully realizing she had just agreed to marry a weirdo like him.