058 • Juice

When they returned to TM, Dana immediately headed to the kitchen to see if she could help. Juice walked to the office, opened his laptop and continued  to vet the regulars of the underground fight club. Some of his brothers would probably go to the building tomorrow or the day after, to nail the guys Dana had identified. Hopefully that would lead to new information about Maddox. He took a look at the extra print he'd made of Montez. 

Dana had recognized him...

What memories had he called up? Had he ever touched her? Or even worse? The thought made his stomach stung. Was it only Maddox who had raped her, or had there been others? He felt how his breathing started to speed up. He wanted to join Happy, he wanted to kick out the brains of that asshole. He had that right. Damn, it was even his duty to do so! He however knew Clay would send Tig and Happy, maybe Chibs as back-up. Tasks like that never landed on his shoulders and usually he didn't mind. 

But now he did.

He moved his gaze to the screen again and tried to focus on the list he had to check. If he let his resentful thoughts drag him along, he wouldn't get the intel he was looking for and the last thing he needed, was to be bawled out again.  

💀  

"Dinner's ready."

Juice looked up when he heard her voice. Dana stood in the doorway. There was something in the way she was standing there that gave away she had been watching him for a while. He nodded and stood up. He was surprised to see she didn't walk away, but kept waiting for him. When he wanted to go through the doorway, she didn't step aside. Instead, she just stood there and took his hands. 

Without saying a word she looked at him. He didn't know how to interpret the look in her eyes. She had so much shit on her plate, he got the feeling she was slowly drowning in it. Her fingers slipped out of his and she folded her arms around him. With a sigh she leaned with her head against his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her back. 

The words "are you okay?" were lying on the tip of his tongue, but he choose to stay quiet, to just hold her. He knew the answer to that question anyway. The tightness with which she was holding him, showed him how desperately she was seeking comfort. 

After she'd let go of him, she turned her head away, a little embarrassed. 

"Don't," he said softly. He laid a hand against her cheek and softly forced her face back to his. "You don't have to feel ashamed. Never hesitate to let me know what you need from me."

Still she bent her head to escape his glance. "Why do you want such a wreck like me, Juice? Shouldn't you have a strong, independent woman? You're a Son!"

"You are strong," he answered. "That's one of the things I admire in you. All those horrible things that happened to you... they didn't bring you down. You are still enjoying life.  You're a runaway for weeks now and there has not been one day I haven't seen you smile." With his thumb he smoothed her warm skin. "And nobody blames you for feeling shitty now and then,  especially not me." 

She looked up at him and pressed her lips together. Her hands slid underneath his shirt, her long fingers brushed his stomach. A little overwhelmed he breathed in when she pushed him backwards, until his back hit the wall. 

He dipped his head, wanted to say something, but she captured his lips with hers and kissed him passionately. While his stomach was fluttering, his tongue slipped along hers. He moved the hand that had cupped her cheek to the back of her head, his fingertips rubbing her scalp. 

"Hey, lovebirds!" a shrill voice suddenly yelled, just when he wanted to let his hand slip underneath her shirt. "Dinner's getting cold!"

Juice smirked against her lips. He was aware of Dana, who was so startled she wanted to pull back her head immediately. With the hand right above her neck he however kept her close for one more long, intense kiss. 

With a red face Dana turned to Gemma, while  quickly smoothing her hair. 

Gemma watched them with one hand on her hip. "Guess things are right again between you two?"

Juice wanted to say that was none of her business, but that wasn't true. Everything that was said outside  the Chapel was her business. At least, that was what she was thinking and who was he to disagree? Instead of saying anything he just gave her a nod. 

She answered with a satisfied smile. 

It felt right, knowing that she was approving their relationship. In the past he'd been afraid they'd assign little value to his ex – which they had – but now he was more worried they believed Dana deserved better. Up to now there was however nothing  pointing into that direction. 

He let his hand slip into Dana's when the three of them walked to the dinner table.