126 • Dana

When Juice caught his breath again, he rolled off of her and pulled her on top of him. Laughing, Dana leaned with one elbow in the sand, pressing kisses to his lips. With her right hand she brushed the edge of his mohawk. 

"You had sex without protection before?" she asked. "Well, except last time when we were too drunk to think about it? But I bet you didn't feel a difference then."

When they discovered they'd had unprotected sex the day after, Dana had taken a morning after pill immediately. Since Juice was such a control freak when he was sober, they decided Dana would start with the birth control pill. It was easier; they didn't have to make sure there were condoms around all the time. They'd already experienced they could get horny on completely random moments where by none of them could still think clearly. 

"No," he answered. "I knew better. The last thing I wanted, was an insignificant girl having my child." His hands moved across her back and she closed her eyes, enjoying his caresses. Only when she opened her eyes and looked at him again, he continued. "But it even felt better, even more intimate. You were even tighter around me." His right hand drew circles on her back, the other he shove underneath his head. "You did?"

Dana considered to lie because she didn't want to bring up Maddox's name right now. But whether they liked it or not; he was part of her history. 

"Uh-uh. In fact, we never used a condom. Maddox was diagnosed with lymphoma when he was fourteen and after the chemo and radiotherapy he was infertile."

Juice's hand froze on her back. "Holy shit. Did you already know him when that happened?"

She shook her head. "No, I met him when he was twenty-three. We never talked much about it, but I know it was bothering him. He wanted kids."

"And you didn't care?"

"No. I never saw myself taking care of a child."

Juice moved his hand to her cheek, caressing it. His brown eyes held her glance. "You do now?"

Dana raised her eyebrows in surprise. "Why? You want a kid?"

"Hmm-hmm..." He gave her a kiss, sitting a little straighter. Dana slipped her arms around him. Before he answered, he moved his lips to the sensitive spot right above her collarbone and sucked gently. "I wanna make babies with you. Lots of 'em. I always wanted a big family."

Even though a shiver crept down her spine, she chuckled softly. "You're only sayin' that because you're drunk."

Juice pulled back his face and looked surprisingly serious at her. "One day we'll go back to California and then we're going to marry and make babies and then you can never ever leave me."

Dana chuckled. "Goof. I will never leave you, with or without kids." She planted a kiss on his nose. "But once our life is a little stable and you're still not gotten tired of me, I will take your Crow and maybe... maybe we can start with that enormous family of yours."

"You want my Crow?" With widened eyes he studied every inch of her body, as if he could already see its shape. "Where?"

She smiled secretively. "You'll see."

The glance in his eyes became dark. Below her she felt how the thought of the ink that would bind her to him forever turned him on. "I still don't understand why you would stick with someone like me."

Instead of giving her the chance to explain, he started kissing her. His hand moved between her legs and as if his fingers had never done anything else, they found her most sensitive spots immediately. 

Dana curved her back as he teased her. She ran her hand across his head, kissing him in his neck. "I think you know damn well why I stick with you," she panted.

. . .

Without a doubt they could have laid there until next morning, except that the sea was claiming more and more of the beach and despite each other's warmth they started to feel cold. Eventually, when the nocturnal black changed into dark blue, they stood up and walked along the beach hand in hand, heading for their clothes. 

"Oh fuck," Juice muttered as they scouted the surrounding hundred meters for the third time. "The sea won't have dragged them along, right?"

Dana bit the inside of her cheek. Right after hearing his words, she felt like the world's biggest idiot. She hadn't thought about the tide for a single moment, she'd just dropped her clothes in the sand. 

The waves must have caught them hours ago. 

Dana shuddered, suddenly she really felt cold. "Oh man... If we ever have kids they will be so fucking dumb." She rubbed her upper arms. 

So there they were, both buck naked while it was at least a twenty minute walk back to the house, past places that would undoubtedly be more crowded than the beach. 

"What now?"

. . .

Hey all! Still enjoying this story? The silence is making me a bit nervous, is it getting boring? Please share your thoughts and/or vote. (: