129 • Kozik

Cji1i85 asked for a Kozik POV, so here it is. ;D Enjoy!

. . .

Kozik had slumped down on the couch, his feet up on the coffee table and a cigarette between his fingers. His eyes were aimed at an episode of NCIS, but it didn't interest him much. He had draped his arm around a blonde girl. The compelling way her hand was stroking his thigh and crotch, showed him she neither cared about the tv, but Kozik had to admit he didn't long for more. 

Maybe it was because of her blonde hair, or her age, or even that defiant look in her eyes, but she reminded him of Dana and the thought about her called up mixed feelings, especially sexually. Enough to ruin his mood to do something with a girl that looked like her. 

Until he had seen her at the barbecue, he hadn't thought about her for a very long time. But now his thoughts wandered to her more and more; making him wonder how she was feeling and if she felt safe in Mexico. 

And if it had been better if he had been there too. 

For it wasn't like they were achieving anything here. 

The door of one of the two bed rooms opened and Chibs stepped into the living room, buckling his belt. The Croweater who had went with him, didn't even bother to clothe herself decently, but this girl could neither held his attention. He didn't know what it was with him lately. All those flings, for some reason they weren't as pleasing as before. Maybe he was a little jealous of Juice after all. Not necessarily because he was with Dana, but because of their serious relationship. He wondered if he would ever look at a woman in the way Juice looked at Dana, and the other way around. He was nearly 40 and there never had been a woman keeping his attention. Something that went for most of his brothers; most of them had been married or had at least been in a serious relationship, but all that was left of it was the child support  they paid their exes. 

His thoughts shot to his own daughter. It had been a few months since he'd seen Jen, but as long as Maddox wasn't dead he knew better than to visit her. The last thing he wanted, was drag his little girl into this mess. In that respect he understood her mother. There was a reason Opie and Jax had been the only ones seeing their children daily. The others kept their brood far away from Charming. And with good reason – that was proved again. If that had went for Ellie and Kenny too, Opie might have still been alive. 

Chibs sat down beside him. "Y'all right? Looks like ye need a drink."

Kozik heaved a deep sigh. "I'm done with this shit. Even fucking Osama Bin Laden was easier to find than this asshole." 

Since Dana and Juice had left the country the club guarded the safe house, hoping they could lure Maddox in a trap, but none of his men had shown up and Kozik didn't know what to think of it. Or that dick didn't monitor them as close as they thought, or he was on to Dana all along. But how? Juice knew how to stay off the grid, right? That kid knew more about cameras and shit like that than anyone else he knew. If he couldn't even rely on Juice's expertise, he would drive himself insane.

"Ye don't think he'll come lookin' fer her?'

Kozik shrugged his shoulders. How the hell was he supposed to know? He could barely start a computer, he had no idea what people were capable of those days. They would probably find the van before it disappeared in the woods and then it had to be just a matter of time before they found this house. Plus, they drove to this place every few days. It couldn't take that long, right? 

Honestly, he was looking forward to some action. Everything went so slow, he craved for a change. Now Juice was gone, the club was really small and they didn't trust anyone enough to allow them to the core, even though no one would be able to betray Juice and Dana. Nobody knew where they were. 

But he needed a change, he was so done with this shit.

And right when that thought crossed his mind, all hell broke loose.