072 • Maddox

Right through the window of the police car he felt the burning glare of the Tacoma killer. 

It did nothing to Maddox. That bald muscle couldn't even get close to him. He smirked satisfied and waved to the biker while the police car drove away. 

It had been so easy Maddox almost felt disappointed. He breathed the fresh air in, through which he could still smell a hint of gunpowder and blood. Then he slid his hands into his pockets and strolled along his house, that had been turned into a crime scene now. 

He didn't care. There were many other apartments where he could spend the night. This one had bored him for a while anyway. Of course the best memories lingered there, but it was time to create new ones. It wouldn't take long before she would return. He was sure of it. He allowed her to enjoy the freedom she thought to have. Soon she would decide if it was worth the sacrifices she was making to keep it. 

It wasn't. He knew her well enough to assess that.

Back in the day she'd been selfish and her own pleasure had always been central, but that had quietly changed. She'd became humble, she'd learned that she wasn't the center of the earth. 

She'd grown up. 

Unfortunately that had also been the moment she wanted to leave him. He'd been surprised how far she'd been willing to go. Killing Casper... he hadn't thought she had it in her. For a moment he'd caught a glimpse of the rebel girl he'd fallen in love with. 

And now he wanted her more than ever.

At the funeral of her mother he'd discovered that her brother – whose existence Maddox had forgotten – had ties with the Sons of Anarchy. Which charter exactly he didn't know. Tacoma, had been his first guess, but after pushing a gun into the mouth of a six year old boy, the father had made clear she wasn't there. He however had a mole and it had only taken a few days before he got a call the motor gang would head for San Fran to nail him. 

The timing was great. He'd thought killing her mother would be enough to make her obedient again, but he was wrong. She was tenacious, although that shouldn't have surprised him. Her brother was a tough one, he'd found out, his nickname was even "Tacoma Killer". For a moment he'd considered to kill him too, but he'd refrained. It would be a shame if her spirit was crushed when she returned. 

Being tough, being wild, being vivid... that's how he liked her. Now and then she'd lost those characteristics the past months, but there had always been a little flame that flared up. He didn't want to extinguish that forever.

Furthermore her brother was good leverage when he went to jail. His club couldn't protect him there and there were some guards on his payroll. He thought back to how easy it had been to trap the bikers. This morning he'd heard the Tacoma Killer was on his way. To his house, of all places. Like it was all meant to be. He'd taken an officer off the street, tortured him and waited until the bikers entered his house. 

The man whose kid he'd threatened had warned him as soon as they left and Maddox had given the police a call, claiming the biker gang wanted to expand their weapon territory to San Francisco. He'd argued he wasn't in for that, so he'd became an obstacle they wanted to eliminate. He had carefully raised the suspicion that gang members had tortured the cop to get intel from him, after which the pigs had repeated his words as if it had been their own idea.

The cops praised him for warding off the gun trade out of their city. Even if some of them had doubts about the truth, they didn't care about a few gang members who had no business in their city anyway. 

Maddox stood still in front of a traffic light and when it turned green he crossed the road with a smile on his face. 

Everything went according to plan. 

Dana was awaiting a new shock to process, and if this wasn't enough to convince her that she belonged to him, her new biker boyfriend would be the next in line. 

Sooner or later her resistance would break. It was up to her how much she was willing to sacrifice. 

He was in no hurry. 

----

I tried another point of view! Would love to hear what you think of it! 

Also, I wanted to do a little shout out to Supervalcsi, thank you for your continuous votes and your comments! It's people like you who motivate me more than you could ever imagine. <3