Chapter 30

Isabella's POV

As I walk downstairs, I notice that there's some kind of noise coming from downstairs. Is it the kitchen? It sounds like a tap. Huh? Maybe it's Elena. She might be coming over to see how I am after all of this has happened. I know it might sound like I'm a total bitch, but I really can't be bothered with anyone at the moment. I guess I'll just pretend to be fine and then ask her to leave in about an hour or something.

As I walk to the kitchen, the sound of the tap and someone humming to the song from the radio becomes louder and more clear.

(Without me. Halsey) Will be better if you listen to this song while reading. The start is not here, as Bella missed it while walking downstairs.

It was as if the world was in slow motion. As I walked to the kitchen, the song just made me think of kenzie even though I desperately didn't want it to. Just as I turned the corner into the kitchen, the last person I expected to be there. Was there. Kenzie.
-
I said I'd catch you if you fall
And if they laugh, then fuck 'em all (All)
And then I got you off your knees
Put you right back on your feet
Just so you can take advantage of me
-
Before I can turn around and run away, she turns around and started at me. Tears start to build up in my eyes as I look anywhere but kenzie. It's as if my body can't move because of how intense she's staring at me.
-
Tell me how's it feel sittin' up there
Feeling so high but too far away to hold me
You know I'm the one who put you up there
Name in the sky
Does it ever get lonely?
-
Wow. How ironic is it that this song comes on when all of this shit is happening? Oh god kill me now!
-
Thinking you could live without me
Baby, I'm the one who put you up there
I don't know why (yeah, I don't know why)
Thinking you could live without me
Live without me
Baby, I'm the one who put you up there
I don't know why (I don't know why, yeah yeah)
-
When she sees that I'm not moving to speaking. Fucking hell, I'm barely even breathing at the moment. She slowly walks towards me, a calming but unreadable expression on her face. I try to walk backwards but I just can't. Not emotionally. I literally can't because I've walked my self into a wall. Well done Izzy. Well done. Ugh what's she doing? I thought she hated me.
-
Gave love 'bout a hundred tries (hundred tries)
Just running from the demons in your mind
Then I took yours and made 'em mine (made 'em mine)
I didn't notice 'cause my love was blind
Said I'd catch you if you fall (fall)
And if they laugh, then fuck 'em all (all)
And then I got you off your knees
Put you right back on your feet
Just so you can take advantage of me
Tell me how's it feel sittin' up there
Feeling so high but too far away to hold me
You know I'm the one who put you up there
Name in the sky
Does it ever get lonely?
-
"Im so sorry Bella. I was confused and shocked and I couldn't process what you were saying. I'm so so sorry." She whispered just loud enough for me to hear over the slight music in the background. "Why are you here? You obviously don't like me. Why would you like me? Your too perfect for me. I.. I'm im sorry..." A look of annoyance crosses through her face, before she does something which I really wasn't expecting at all.
-
Thinking you could live without me
-
She cut me of with a kiss. Shocked, I stand still, unmoving, not breathing. Dead still. She suddenly pulls back, a look of regret and uncertainty on her face. "I'm sorry Bella. It's just i...I like you back and I... i d...didn't know how to tell you. I..i...I don't want you to hate me but I just..." The shocks ends, and excitement and disbelief over come me. I gently grab her face with both hands, bringing her face to mine and kiss her. Her lips to mine. This is what heaven feels like.
-
Baby, I'm the one who put you up there
I don't know why (yeah, I don't know why)
Thinking you could live without me
Live without me
Baby, I'm the one who put you up there
I don't know why, yeah
You don't have to say just what you did
I already know (I know)
I had to go and find out from them
So tell me how's it feel (oh-woah)
Tell me how's it feel sittin' up there
Feeling so high but too far away to hold me
You know I'm the one who put you up there
Name in the sky
Does it ever get lonely?
Thinking you could live without me
Baby, I'm the one who put you up there
I don't know why (yeah, I don't know why)
-
Never mind. This is my new favourite song and will forever be my favourite song.

914 words