89 ↴ IRL

"I can't believe it's all almost over."

Briar raised an eyebrow at Tom's sudden statement, looking down at him with confusion. He was lying on his back with his head in her lap, and she was running his fingers through his hair gently. They were in Briar's hotel room, splayed across her bed. Since she had told Tom everything and he had kissed her back in Berlin, they had barely had a moment to themselves. They had only just managed to get a few hours to themselves because Tom had done an excellent job packing and preparing for the beginning of the press tour — tomorrow morning, in other words.

"What do you mean?" Briar asked, and Tom met her eyes. Her heart flopped at the look in his eyes; she still couldn't quite believe that she and Tom were together.

"This movie." Tom explained, reaching up a hand and capturing one of Briar's in his own. He began playing with her fingers. She watched him contently. "It's gone so fast... it only feels like yesterday that I got an email from my first ever assistant."

Briar laughed softly, remembering that. She had been nervous to meet Tom. "I had no idea how much you were going to change my life."

Tom dropped Briar's hand and pulled himself into a cross-legged position. He looked deadly serious as he spoke. "I'm glad I did. I will never not be grateful for meeting you, Bri. You're amazing. I—"

Tom cut himself off, but Briar had an idea of what he had been about to say. She smiled widely, cupping his face in her hands and kissing him slowly. He reacted, wrapping his arms around her waist and trying to pull her even closer. Tom rolled onto his back and brought Briar with him, causing her to laugh softly into the kiss.

"It's late," Briar said after they were both breathless and flushed. "And we have an early flight tomorrow. You should get some sleep."

Tom pouted dramatically. "That's a tomorrow problem."

"Tom," Briar shook her head with a smile.

"Okay, okay." He said, but kept his arms around Briar's waist. "But only if I can stay here? If you want."

That was something Briar loved about Tom; he was always so courteous. He wasn't pushy in the slightest. Briar felt like she could bore her deepest and darkest secrets — which she had — and he wouldn't tell a living soul. "Of course you can."

Tom grinned and pecked her lips. "Awesome."

my account is dead but I'm squeezing out these chapters yeehaw