38 ↴ IRL

"Are you kidding me?"

For the past hour, Tom and Briar had been quietly working in each other's company. Well, Briar had been working. Tom had spent most of the time on his phone, slowly scrolling through Briar's Instagram and liking every photo. He was silently admiring how pretty Briar was. She didn't have many posts, but her phone had been going crazy with notifications.

Tom was seated comfortably on the couch in his trailer, Briar's legs resting across his thighs as she used her laptop, taking the opportunity to plan out Tom's schedule. She looked adorable in her glasses.

Tom looked up from his phone, seeing her frown, and immediately tucked it away. "What's wrong?"

"I'm planning out your schedule, and I've just realised that you've been booked for three interviews in one day, but you have a half day of filming so it won't fit." Briar mumbled, her eyes never leaving her screen. "I'm going to have to re-arrange the interviews, but I'm struggling to find where I can move them to."

"Let me see," Tom spoke, leaning over towards Briar. She removed her legs from his thighs and tucked them under her, Tom using one arm to support his weight as he leant over Briar's screen. An app was open with the dates and times for the next week, and everything Tom had to do had been colour coded and placed in their appropriate time and day. "Did you make this?"

"Yeah," Briar nodded, a sheepish smile on her lips. "I dabbled in computer stuff in high school. It's a simple application."

"It's awesome." Tom breathed and Briar smiled to herself. "Okay, so I'm thinking we can move that one to there," he pointed to a pink box and dragged his finger to where it would fit. "And then we could bring that interview forward a day and leave the third interview where it is."

"Are you sure?" Briar asked as she moved them to where Tom had said. "That'll put an interview on your only full day off."

"I'm fine with that." Tom shrugged and turned to look at Briar, stunned at how close they were.

If Tom moved forward, his nose would brush Briar's cheek. He swallowed thickly, his eyes falling to Briar's lips and then meeting her eyes. She was staring back, frozen in place, and pulled her bottom lip between her teeth. Tom's skin was warm and Briar could feel the heat radiating off of him.

Her lips pulling into a smirk, Briar reached out a hand and flicked Tom lightly on the nose. The tension that had brewed between them dissipated instantly and Tom fell back with a laugh. "If you're sure about moving that one interview to your day off, I'll ring and reschedule it."

"I'm fine with that."

"Did you have anything planned for that day?" Briar asked curiously, re-positioning herself so she was lying on her stomach with her head near Tom. She tucked her hands under her chin and looked at him through her glasses, blinking expectantly.

Tom pursed his lips as he thought, and then shook his head. "Nope, I was just going to go with the flow."

Briar nodded, some hair falling in front of her eyes. Without thinking, Tom was reaching out a hand and tucking the strand behind her ear. His fingers tingled where they touched Briar's cheek, and they lingered for a second longer than they needed to. Briar felt her cheeks grow hot and she smiled shyly. "Thank you."

"I like your glasses." Tom said honestly. "They suit you."

Briar's cheeks began to hurt as she smiled even wider, not that she cared. "Really? I try and wear contacts as much as possible, but I prefer my glasses."

Tom nodded vigorously. "You should wear them more often."

"Maybe I will."

I hope everyone had a great holidays and new year :)