5 ↴ IRL + Email

Briar let out a soft laugh as she placed her phone down, smiling widely at her best friend's antics. Olivia had been her first friend after she had left Australia and moved to America, and at first Briar had been hesitant around the lively redhead. Their personalities were almost polar opposites, something that never usually worked, but Briar's doubts had quickly fizzled out when she gotten to know the woman.

Briar knew she had work to do and so she slid her personal phone aside and reached for her work phone. Bringing up the email again, Briar saved Tom Holland's number into her phone for future reference before she drafted up a quick email to the actor.

ϟ

SUBJECT: New Assistant
ATTACHMENTS: Briar Cohen Portfolio.doc
SENT: 12:03pm

Hello Mr. Holland,

My name is Briar Cohen and I'm an assistant for Marvel Studios.

More importantly, I'm your new assistant. I'll be helping you throughout the filming of your upcoming movie, as well the press tour afterwards. I'm just sending this email to touch base, and to let you know that I look forward to working with you over the next year.
I can assure you that all of your matters will be handled professionally and effectively, and I will make your journey here at Marvel as smooth as possible.

In saying that, I have attached my updated portfolio for you to look through. Please feel free to bring up any queries or doubts you may have surrounding my abilities – it is best for the both of us that our communications are kept clear.
I would recommend that you save my phone number into your phone for future conversations. It can be found in the portfolio.

Also, it would be best if we could meet sometime over the next two weeks before you start filming, just so we can get used to each other.

Kind Regards,
Ms. Briar Cohen.
(Marvel Assistant)

ϟ

Re-reading it several times to make sure everything was spelt correctly and that she had covered everything she needed to say, Briar sent the email and waited for a response. When working with a new client, she usually sent them an email to introduce herself and then after they had responded, she would organise a time for them to meet that suited them best.

Her phone buzzed.

ϟ

RE: SUBJECT: New Assistant
SENT: 12:12pm

Hi, Briar Cohen!

I actually didn't know I was getting an assistant... I didn't get one for Civil War. I hope that doesn't sound rude. But, I look forward to working with you!

Thank you for sending the portfolio, I'll give it a look but I can tell by your email that you're very professional so I doubt we will have any problems.
Also, phone number = saved!

I'm in London at the moment, spending some time with my family before I leave to film but I think it would be wise to meet soon. I'm not too sure when my flight is, actually... Could you maybe look at that for me please? I'm also bringing my best mate, Harrison, so I'll need a flight for him too!

Thanks!
Tom.
(Actor)

ϟ

Briar smiled when she saw that Tom had put 'actor' in brackets after his name; she already knew who he was, so he didn't really need to say it. Nevertheless, she grabbed her work laptop from her office and turned it on, quickly finding a few suitable flight times for Tom and his friend. Opening a new word document, she copied the information into it and saved it, ready to attach it to her next email.

ϟ

SUBJECT: Potential Flights
ATTACHMENTS: Flight Information.doc
SENT: 12:28pm

Mr. Holland,

I've looked at some flights for you and Harrison that leave over the next few days. I don't mean to cut your time short with your family, but it is best if you arrive sooner rather than later so you can catch up on rest and get settled in. The next year or so will be very busy for you.

That's quite alright, Mr. Holland, you didn't sound rude at all. You most likely did not receive an assistant during your last movie due to you being an add-in cast member. However, now that you're filming your own movie, Marvel has decided it best to elect you one.

On a side note, my sincerest apologies – I wasn't aware of you being overseas and so I hope I have not sent this email at an inconvenient time.

Please, let me know what flight suits you best so I can organise it, as well as your cars and the hotel you'll be staying at for the next few weeks before you start filming.

Kind Regards,
Ms. Briar Cohen.

ϟ

RE: SUBJECT: Potential Flights
SENT: 12:41pm

I had a look at the information you attached – you're very good at your job, by the way – and I think the third flight will do best. It's alright, I understand! I'm really excited, actually.

That's a relief, and that makes sense!

It's fine, Briar, you didn't interrupt anything.

Wow, I didn't realise how much went into a single flight! Sorry if I made your job any harder.

See you soon!
Tom.

P.S. – could we possibly text? :)

ϟ

RE: SUBJECT: Potential Flights
SENT: 12:44pm

Mr. Holland,

Great. I've booked the flight under your last name and I am just booking your transport and hotel room now. Do you have any preferences of which floor you'd like to be on?

Also, I've arranged a meeting for us on the 11th of June at 11:00am at a restaurant close to your hotel. This should allow you enough time to recover from the flight. Is this alright?

If it is easier for you to text than we certainly can – I'm here to make your job easier.

Kind Regards,
Ms. Briar Cohen.

ϟ

RE: SUBJECT: Potential Flights.
SENT: 12:50pm

Nope, no preference! I'm happy with whatever.

That time sounds great. See you there, Briar.

Thank you so much!
Tom.

P.S. - please, call me Tom :)